Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard.H

Great match. Really reminds me of EPL type midfielders, which I don't mind. He brings in something that's not traditional Barca like, but could be very useful in CL KO ties. That x factor that opposition wouldn't expect.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

don't think Xavi or Iniesta would have missed 2 empty netters in 1 game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F80NxVdxbdc

Lol i remember that xavi has also missed some easy chances, by the way i dont know why people are overreacting here because of one good chance which De Jong has missed. He has proved that he has a good finishing this season by scoring lots of important goals. Messi and Ronaldo have also missed tap ins in their career, does this mean they are both chelsea torres level ?!

cro-man

Now imagine a striker like haaland instead of de jong in certain situations. How many runs by de jong with so much space to explore but he cant do much with it because he is not a striker.

Vilarrubi

Pretty sure in game against Getafe midweek it said he got 33kmh+. That’s fast, can keep up with most players. He brings much needed speed and athleticism in midfield as well as his unreal technical ability.

FCMessi

De Jong sure has many strengths.

the 2 empty net misses also showed how heavily he relies on the inside of his right foot.

Griezmann might not have scored his chip if he had played it with the inside of his left.

then there is through balls and passes De Jong hasn't seem to be very fond of.

Last edited:

vegitot

Lmao De Jong misses two great chances but at the end he still plays well and Barca wins. It is enough. He is the second best Barca player now.

JerseyAddict

Lmao De Jong misses two great chances but at the end he still plays well and Barca wins. It is enough. He is the second best Barca player now.

I tend to agree with you. He was shit yesterday but overall he scores a lot for a MID and he is our engine...

mc_lovin

I catch myself reading his redcafe thread from time to time. Hilarious stuff. Him and Messi are the main reasons why we are good to watch. Just imagine this team with Rabiot instead of him :lol:

Still cant believe that some people have such a hard time spotting/recognizing his talent. All it took for me was watching a single Ajax game. His technique is glorious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans