Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulgroz

Ok my bad, thought you were talking about the 2-0 victory, which I haven't been able to watch (but heard FDJ was superb).

Sorin

Yeah, he was really good. Constantly dragging Griezmann and Kante away from their main areas and creating pockets of space all over the midfield. He made Wijnaldum seem like the best box to box midfielder in the world. :lol:

Raketa10

rakitic was nothing special then. and rakitic is nothing special now. just a player who is good in everything but not special in anything.

stop suckin on Rakitic's nuts by posting bias nonsense anytime someone criticizes him. maybe you should consider supporting inter, they seem to have a few more croatians

His nationality has nothing to do with it. You should try to understand football first before writing nonsense in every single post. Every time I read your post I wonder if 18 year old girl with really bad PMS wrote it.

Porque

Back to FdJ. Would you still want him for 70m+ if his best position is as the Busquets replacement?

Thats 70m for a position that we won a treble with Yaya Toure in. A position that we were the best team in Europe with Marquez and Edmilson sharing.

If injury free perhaps even Oriol Busquets could takeover this position. Because we know that no manager is making high wage Busquets a sub at 30. No manager will sell a La Masia starter. And especially not Ernesto.

Just playing devils advocate here.

It is similar situation to replacing Pique with De Ligt.

Last edited:

Givenchy

Back to FdJ. Would you still want him for 70m+ if his best position is as the Busquets replacement?

Thats 70m for a position that we won a treble with Yaya Toure in. A position that we were the best team in Europe with Marquez and Edmilson sharing.

If injury free perhaps even Oriol Busquets could takeover this position.

Just playing devils advocate here.

our future midfield

----De Jong
Arthur-Coutinho

could work. I know BBZ will come in and say 'but but they are weaklings, we need workhorses, we need Rabiot!' but Barca dominated with a 'physically weak' midfield in Xaviesta + Busi. if we can get a decent manager i think the sky is the limit. I love Busi but hes not getting any younger and his speed has never been great, vs any speed atall he gets caught with his pants down

we could either buy one of the most talented, Barca style youngsters in the world and work on molding him for that Busi role or waste time with slightly better Gomes 2.0 in Rabiot and persist with this shithouse football.

Porque

our future midfield

----De Jong
Arthur-Coutinho

could work. I know BBZ will come in and say 'but but they are weaklings, we need workhorses, we need Rabiot!' but Barca dominated with a 'physically weak' midfield in Xaviesta + Busi. if we can get a decent manager i think the sky is the limit. I love Busi but hes not getting any younger and his speed has never been great, vs any speed atall he gets caught with his pants down

we could either buy one of the most talented, Barca style youngsters in the world and work on molding him for that Busi role or waste time with slightly better Gomes 2.0 in Rabiot and persist with this shithouse football.

It is great on paper. No manager is going to bench Busquets realistically for the next 3 seasons unless he decides to leave though. Well, unless Van Gaal planned another Dutch invasion.

While De Jong, like Mbappe, has shown that he should be starting today. Pep is smart enough and bold enough to have him starting by the end of the season. While PSG will have a place ready to be filled if/once Rabiot goes.

If Rakitic goes then game on. But right now the only midfielder De Jong would be getting minutes from is Arthur. Which in itself is counter productive to both, and after Dembele/Malcom I have no faith in Valverde balancing it.

Last edited:

Raketa10

What worries me are recent reports that we prioritize signing of De Ligt over De Jong. I like De Ligt but De Jong is a PERFECT fit for us. Both of them should be a TOP priority but De Jong is for sure a better fit regardless of the fact that we desperately need a CB right now. I just hope we won't give up on him just to sign De Ligt and Rabiot for free!

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

What worries me are recent reports that we prioritize signing of De Ligt over De Jong. I like De Ligt but De Jong is a PERFECT fit for us. Both of them should be a TOP priority but De Jong is for sure a better fit regardless of the fact that we desperately need a CB right now. I just hope we won't give up on him just to sign De Ligt and Rabiot for free!

De Ligt seem to be a perfect fit too, and bigger need without even a La Masia prospect that we can hope to play same position.
Also tbf the alternative for FDJ seem to be more than De Ligt, Ndombele is same age, doing very well and fits our "DNA" (Pep wanted him and City offered 50M for him last year) and he is playing in a more competitive league/team and as proven in CL. Don't see rabiot as a alternative as he isn't really DM

Raketa10

De Ligt seem to be a perfect fit too, and bigger need without even a La Masia prospect that we can hope to play same position.
Also tbf the alternative for FDJ seem to be more than De Ligt, Ndombele is same age, doing very well and fits our "DNA" (Pep wanted him and City offered 50M for him last year) and he is playing in a more competitive league/team and as proven in CL. Don't see rabiot as a alternative as he isn't really DM

When you watch De Jong you see Barca style written all over him, with De Ligt it's not so obvious. With all do respect to Ndombele IMHO there is no similar player on the market right now. For me De Jong should be our No.1 priority together with De Ligt.

Last edited:

Jombi

It is great on paper. No manager is going to bench Busquets realistically for the next 3 seasons unless he decides to leave though. Well, unless Van Gaal planned another Dutch invasion.

While De Jong, like Mbappe, has shown that he should be starting today. Pep is smart enough and bold enough to have him starting by the end of the season. While PSG will have a place ready to be filled if/once Rabiot goes.

If Rakitic goes then game on. But right now the only midfielder De Jong would be getting minutes from is Arthur. Which in itself is counter productive to both, and after Dembele/Malcom I have no faith in Valverde balancing it.

Valverde made Arthur a starter after a couple of weeks. Not after four years. Raki and Busi will both be 31 when the season starts. Busi and Raki definitely need challengers and De Jong could fit all three positions in midfield so I dont see any reason why he should not get enough playing time. Aouar from Lyon should definitely be a target for us as well.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I think we'll be happy to have either de Jong or Ndombele.

Pep might go for the latter or Aouar instead.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Dream is to get both Ajax men but realistically... And then we'll be lucky if that one makes it as regular starter like Arthur did.

Raketa10

I have no doubt Frenkie would succeed here but of course he needs to keep developing his game. To be fair he is IMHO the most exciting midfield prospect by far. If we fail to sign him that could be a terrible mistake, something similar what we did with Modric. While not signing Modric was partially understandable since Xavi and Iniesta were still on high level failing to sign Frenkie could really turn out to be a terrible mistake.

Last edited:

Jombi

If he arrives, I think he'd walk into our midfield as a starter. I think its a bit over the top to simply call him a youngster with potential and comparing him to Alena.

Raketa10

If he arrives, I think he'd walk into our midfield as a starter. I think its a bit over the top to simply call him a youngster with potential and comparing him to Alena.

Not just Alena, some people are even affraid that Oriol won't get his chance if Frenkie arrives and that's absurd. You have one player who is playing on the highest level (Champions league and NT) and another who is playing in third tier competition and maybe won't ever make it to the first team. To be honest it's like comparing Ferrari to Fiat.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans