Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

iniestaGOAT

True but there's a limit. Barto went over that limit with Barca gate. Trashing players online.

I don't like how Frenkie is being treated either though. I think this is the only way for him to leave or take a wage cut. Sadly they had to go this far..

It's like Ned stark chopping off that farmers head in game of thrones season 1. It's not right but it's got to be done..

Barca has to chop frenkies head for the greater good.

serghei

Frenkie will not sit on the bench that much. Against Pumas he was the best after Pedri. Maybe he will not start all the time, but I think he will play a fair share of games. It will also depend on him to convince the staff.

FinBarcelonafan

Frenkie will not sit on the bench that much. Against Pumas he was the best after Pedri. Maybe he will not start all the time, but I think he will play a fair share of games. It will also depend on him to convince the staff.

He will play but I doubt he is Xavis go to guy

FinBarcelonafan

It's like Ned stark chopping off that farmers head in game of thrones season 1. It's not right but it's got to be done..

Barca has to chop frenkies head for the greater good.

Hmm. Probably situation they are in yes.

That's why this feels so dirty. DeJong didn't deserve this crap and maybe he didn't realize Barca management are Lannisters. Stark paid the price again.
EDIT:
Oh actually you are talking about the farmer at the beginning. :D
Spoiler alert for Game of thrones:

I guess chopping Ned Stark is more of a Messi and Frenkie the villager.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
If he wants to stay he should reduce his wages, his contract renewal was a mess and he knows about it.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Things should cool off once the season starts and we start focusing on winning.

No they shouldn't, he should lower his wages and if he doesn't than put him in the stands. I don't give a fuck about his contract, it is shady as fuck.

FinBarcelonafan

No they shouldn't, he should lower his wages and if he doesn't than put him in the stands. I don't give a fuck about his contract, it is shady as fuck.

I doubt we bench Frenkie 100%. Xavi won't allow it. He is still useful.

Look at Dembele. I think Laporta wanted him on bench but Xavi wanted him on the pitch.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
One thing this club has not learned and needs to badly learn is to keep things under control INTERNALLY and stop leaking, either unintentionally or purposely information to the press. Looks amateur at best and sinister at worst.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

If it can be proven illegal (like what Khaled said about that specific law in Catalonia), they can lower his and the other three players' wages by nullifying the previous contracts. If it cannot be proven illegal, then there is no ground whatsoever for the club to banish him to the stands. A contract is a contract.

FinBarcelonafan

One thing this club has not learned and needs to badly learn is to keep things under control INTERNALLY and stop leaking, either unintentionally or purposely information to the press. Looks amateur at best and sinister at worst.

So how do you make Frenkie to take a paycut or leave without causing hassle?

When you sue Frenkie for criminal contract I think drama is ready either way.

You don't think Laporta and CO tried everything else?

Probably last thing they could do

Remember that you only have two options: Frenkie takes a paycut OR leaves.

You don't have option: let him play with same salary and contract.

How do you solve this problem without hassle?

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
So how do you make Frenkie to take a paycut or leave without causing hassle?

When you sue Frenkie for criminal contract I think drama is ready either way.

You don't think Laporta and CO tried everything else?

Probably last thing they could do

No, they won't go that far as to suing Frenkie. Like I said, they need to have concrete evidence that those 4 contracts were illegal and then present them to the 4 players and their entourage. Going to court doesn't help anybody.

The whole thing could have been handled internally. They can have those talks, with or without the question of legality of the previous contract signed, with him and make sure no information is leaked to the press. Like the likes of the Romeros and the Cat radios etc. And Laporta could have not talked about it in public (granted I am only aware of him talking about it once, saying something like "... We like Frenkie and he wants to stay, but to do so he has to lower his wages..."). This was totally unnecessary.

Making things public doesn't achieve anything. It worked in the case of Pique, but not with everybody. It makes the club look bad, that's what I don't want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans