Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gari

Barcelona are very clear with Frenkie de Jong: Either he accepts a salary cut and stays at Bar?a or he negotiates with Chelsea to leave the club.@gerardromero

Horatio

You're welcome
Romero saying Chelsea are close to an agreement with him.

Am I correct to say agreement generally just means agreement of terms to these journalists? Meaning, we are still away from player accepting to transfer?

Man...I just don't see Frenkie and Chelsea happening.

MTL_Barca

Well usually you also talk to the agent/player and not just agree terms with the other team, but then again it's Chelsea and we know how it went with Raphinha and Kounde lol.

Would be a better move than United for sure though.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Am I correct to say agreement generally just means agreement of terms to these journalists? Meaning, we are still away from player accepting to transfer?

If Frenkie has an agreement with Chelsea, that means he is willing to go if Chelsea presents an offer to us that we can accept.

The issue with him has been he didn't want to leave, in the case of Manchester United, he flat out doesn't want to join them. So a personal agreement with Chelsea, if true, might speed things up.

Asylum15

My understanding or take on these statements is that Chelsea have reached out to Frankie's agent and said, ''we'll pay x for x years etc etc''
They go, great, we agree.

Then Chelsea need to speak to the club next etc etc which is a whole different ball game.

Horatio

You're welcome
My understanding or take on these statements is that Chelsea have reached out to Frankie's agent and said, ''we'll pay x for x years etc etc''
They go, great, we agree.

Then Chelsea need to speak to the club next etc etc which is a whole different ball game.

That is how I always looked at it. But now I am thinking maybe you can read agree to terms as negotiating and then getting the desirable terms and then telling chelsea "I agree to those terms. Now I just need to decide if I sign the contract"

khaled_a_d

One thing this club has not learned and needs to badly learn is to keep things under control INTERNALLY and stop leaking, either unintentionally or purposely information to the press. Looks amateur at best and sinister at worst.

People seriously think it all came from the club? Give me a break, his entourage clearly leaked a lot of stuff.
The athletic article seems like a ploy by his agent to press the club, not the opposite

Porque

Weren't getting the desired results with over the table methods, so the board had to use other methods of pressure.

I don't agree, but I understand.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
People seriously think it all came from the club? Give me a break, his entourage clearly leaked a lot of stuff.
The athletic article seems like a ploy by his agent to press the club, not the opposite

I don't know enough to know who leaked what to the press. But Laporta publicly commenting on it doesn't help put out the fire.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
Player that refuses to reduce wages with clear criminality under Bartomeu doesn't deserve to stay. Loved this player but disliking him more and more.

khaled_a_d

I don't know enough to know who leaked what to the press. But Laporta publicly commenting on it doesn't help put out the fire.

Laporta said many good things on that topic, and already said he wants him to stay, and if he refuses to decrease salary there is nothing that can be made and he will stay on his salary.
If anything, club official stance was nothing but respectable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans