Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horatio

You're welcome
We'll see. This season is a white canvas for many players, and the first season of proper rebuild with a plan since Pep was brought in in 2008. Everyone will get a fair chance except for the absolute worst.

Is Romanian a very poetic language or something? I always see you include these peculiar metaphors.

jamrock

Even in the pre season though it was just that, so can't take anything their too seriously, you could immediately see kessie understands how to play in a 4-3-3 much better than de jong, one of the games de jong played in midfield all is old weaknesses in a 4-3-3 was right there to be seen again.

I'm tired of the Ifs with Frankie, that his fans always use to justify is average performances, If busquets wasn't their, if we player more direct, if if if, he would be class

Personally I just want to see him gone, 3 years is enough to see what he offers, but if he is to stay, he better step up massively are the fans will be on his ass.

Their is a talented player their, I just don't think he's a talented player for Fc Barcelona.

Raketa10

Based on kessie being the best midfielder in a team that won their league & arguably the best midfielder in that league last season, while de jong has been giving out 6/10 performances week after week for 3 years straight.

Pretty clear really.

AC Milan is miles away from current Barca team and is Serie A far easier than La Liga. However, we'll se how Kessie does here.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Kessie is not a better player than Frenkie.

Might adapt better in whatever role Xavi want him to play but he is not a better player.

jamrock

He's 2 steps ahead gomes, but also 3 steps behind being the WC player we bought him to be.

Maybes he's a late bloomer.

Birdy

Even in the pre season though it was just that, so can't take anything their too seriously, you could immediately see kessie understands how to play in a 4-3-3 much better than de jong, one of the games de jong played in midfield all is old weaknesses in a 4-3-3 was right there to be seen again.

I'm tired of the Ifs with Frankie, that his fans always use to justify is average performances, If busquets wasn't their, if we player more direct, if if if, he would be class

Personally I just want to see him gone, 3 years is enough to see what he offers, but if he is to stay, he better step up massively are the fans will be on his ass.

Their is a talented player their, I just don't think he's a talented player for Fc Barcelona.

This

I was defending him most of the times against criticism.
When Koeman was around, I was in favor of playing a double pivot in order for him to flourish.
(even though he tried it with Busi for the first games of the 20/21 season, and it didn't work out)

But, since Xavi is here and the 1 pivot- 2 interior structure is more certain than the sun rising in the morning,
there is no space for him.
His talents are not utilized.

And then, there is the ridiculous issue of his ludicrous wages that the doesn't want to reduce.

Enough is enough then!
Good luck in London or in Manchester, where you will play to your strengths and get the money you love above everything

Givenchy

This guy is going to hang this out til the end of the window and then join United on some ridiculous wages + they pay his deferred wages, I'm convinced. 2 seasons later with a grand total of 0 trophies, he will be begging to leave and probably end up at Bayern with his buddy De Ligt.

fergus90

A lot of his appeal is that he looks good doing the basics and can drive with the ball. But without space to drive with the ball he doesn't have much left in his game that you'd consider beyond okay/good.

Final ball he often refuses or doesn't see, rarely makes passes between the lines and his one footedness closes off options to switch play or dribble to another area of the pitch.

Even when you watch his highlights pre-Barca the majority is of him driven up the pitch with acres of space. That's why he looked so good at libero at Barca, as he can evade a challenge very well and then lay the ball off to the next available player.

When moved forward as an interior, you need to either be more intricate with one-touch play or have an eye for a pass nearer the goal but he often falls over as that really isn't his strong point thus not quite executing what he's been asked to do.

jamrock

With most, its just a feeling that de jong is better, because he simply has to be, I mean look what he did at Ajax 3 seasons ago they will say.

Because most haven't watched kessie play outside of this pre season,so they have no idea about his game, if he is ahead of de jong this season, it will be because xavi doesn't like de jong or something.

But they don't see how limited de jong's game really is.

serghei

A lot of his appeal is that he looks good doing the basics and can drive with the ball. But without space to drive with the ball he doesn't have much left in his game that you'd consider beyond okay/good.

Final ball he often refuses or doesn't see, rarely makes passes between the lines and his one footedness closes off options to switch play or dribble to another area of the pitch.

Even when you watch his highlights pre-Barca the majority is of him driven up the pitch with acres of space. That's why he looked so good at libero at Barca, as he can evade a challenge very well and then lay the ball off to the next available player.

When moved forward as an interior, you need to either be more intricate with one-touch play or have an eye for a pass nearer the goal but he often falls over as that really isn't his strong point thus not quite executing what he's been asked to do.

Pretty much this. Driving forward with the ball is not used as much in a possession team playing a high line and wanting to compress space. The most disappointing thing about De Jong is his vision in terms of passing. His decision making is really hit an miss, if not mostly miss vs bigger teams.

serghei

Also annoying how often he defers responsibility in a position when the best decision is to have a go and shoot.

jamrock

Very good analysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans