Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdy

A lot of his appeal is that he looks good doing the basics and can drive with the ball. But without space to drive with the ball he doesn't have much left in his game that you'd consider beyond okay/good.

Final ball he often refuses or doesn't see, rarely makes passes between the lines and his one footedness closes off options to switch play or dribble to another area of the pitch.

Even when you watch his highlights pre-Barca the majority is of him driven up the pitch with acres of space. That's why he looked so good at libero at Barca, as he can evade a challenge very well and then lay the ball off to the next available player.

When moved forward as an interior, you need to either be more intricate with one-touch play or have an eye for a pass nearer the goal but he often falls over as that really isn't his strong point thus not quite executing what he's been asked to do.

Said it all

Zidane82

🚨✅| CONFIRMED: Total offensive by Manchester United for Frenkie De Jong. They are confident of completing his signing next week, by making the best financial offer to both the player & FC Barcelona.
[MENTION=19785]Martin[/MENTION]ezferran [🎖️]

serghei

I believe a wage cut is far less psychologically damaging than playing for United. Take the cut Frenkie (50% is over the top though).

Catta

Frenkie has all the right to ask for the biggest wages in the world if United wants him. Why else would any player sign for that shitshow of a club.

feggydinho

After todays game we can ask as much as we want !!

The bigger issue is how do we convince De Jong to go there? I don't even know how Man Utd can save themselves anymore seeing as most of the quality players have been transferred already. They've got issues everywhere, defense, attack, midfield and they didn't act fast in the market. They would've gone for Gabriel Jesus and Dembele for attack and offered them massive wages cause they really have big issues.

jamrock

I don't rate what he's brought to us since being here, but to put him through man utd shit show after 3 years of us being crap, is a bit to much.
Go to Chelsea you bastard!!!

Lol

iniestaGOAT

The bigger issue is how do we convince De Jong to go there? I don't even know how Man Utd can save themselves anymore seeing as most of the quality players have been transferred already. They've got issues everywhere, defense, attack, midfield and they didn't act fast in the market. They would've gone for Gabriel Jesus and Dembele for attack and offered them massive wages cause they really have big issues.

They have to sack ten haag and get a proper manager.

Porque

Needs to move to UTD and save them. England, a place where 5 metre headless runs gets the praise of the Queens Speech.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans