Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

4-1 away win has zero to do with him, we won inspire of him, since he have away the leveling goal.

He was meh, not great, not bad. Like he always is.

Nah enough to bench busquets, gotta step up.

Busi plays like as bad as that near enough every game.

He was awful as Barca drew 0-0 a week ago with Rayo.

fergus90

Busi is finished but De Jong is not the answer there either. Holds the ball too long for me despite the tidy passing.

He does have a role though as you need decent depth.

jamrock

Team were better overall and had more energy as won 4-1.

Busi was just as bad if not worse in majority of his games since March or so.

Win 4-1 after a 0-0 against Rayo and folk think it confirms Busi has to play.

Classic.

Win had nothing to do with some replaced busquets,
Fact.

Bye.

JamDav1982

Busi is finished but De Jong is not the answer there either. Holds the ball too long for me despite the tidy passing.

He didnt play well today but one poor game when Busi has them week in week out is not final.

What did Busis passing create last week when midfield built on him?

Absolutely nothing.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It's a bit of a stupid argument.

1. He didn't have a good game IMO.
2. Xavi changed the entire system and everyone looked confused out there not knowing what their role was or how to approach the game
3. Busquets has made terrible mistakes losing the ball in bad spots quite a few times over the last 2-3 years
4. We literally had a 0-0 game vs. Rayo at home where Busquets was really poor

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Pretty bad tonight. Don't know what will Xavi do for DM spot but we won CL with likes of Edmilson and van Bommel. We need to adapt and not look for a clone.

fergus90

He didnt play well today but one poor game when Busi has them week in week out is not final.

What did Busis passing create last week when midfield built on him?

Absolutely nothing.

I just don’t think he’s a DM, and never have done. He’s much better than Gavi though and should be starting over him.

I hope Barca actually address the DM situation next summer.

JamDav1982

2. Xavi changed the entire system and everyone looked confused out there not knowing what their role was or how to approach the game
3. Busquets has made terrible mistakes losing the ball in bad spots quite a few times over the last 2-3 years

Exactly but Busi is allowed multiple bad games and team losing/drawing at home v poor sides with mid built on him.

But Barca winning 3-1 and 4-1 in last two games Busi misses... and folk think it means Busi is the man to start.

JamDav1982

I just don’t think he’s a DM, and never have done. He’s much better than Gavi though and should be starting over him.

I hope Barca actually address the DM situation next summer.

He was best player on park in last game at DM but he wasnt good tonight.

Looked lethargic as fuck which isnt like him normally.

Still overall team looked far better than some midfield built for Busi and everyone else positional cones for him.

malvolio

It's about the basics, let's not kid ourselves. The guy is poor in possession and makes up for it with darting runs and quick switching of play.

Otherwise he was caught out of position many times and did lots of mistakes. Do you believe it is some isolated thing? No. FDJ is not good in those situations and not for a team that goes by the "juego de posicion" philosophy.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He was best player on park in last game at DM but he wasnt good tonight.

Looked lethargic as fuck which isnt like him normally.

Still overall team looked far better than some midfield built for Busi and everyone else positional cones for him.

Frenkie might not be the solution and may never be it.....but Busquets is sure as hell not the answer. Especially considering his mind is already in Miami or LA and he's only at Barca because Qatar have the World Cup :lol:

Depending on the options out there and our salary cap situation it might be worth looking into getting a CDM in January if Xavi don't want to give Frenkie another shot at it.

It's about the basics, let's not kid ourselves. The guy is poor in possession and makes up for it with darting runs and quick switching of play.

Otherwise he was caught out of position many times and did lots of mistakes. Do you believe it is some isolated thing? No. FDJ is not good in those situations and not for a team that goes by the "juego de posicion" philosophy.

I'm fine if Frenkie never becomes a CDM for us, but my point is fairly simple.

Busquets is a liability as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans