Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Co0ter

It's a bit of a stupid argument.

1. He didn't have a good game IMO.
2. Xavi changed the entire system and everyone looked confused out there not knowing what their role was or how to approach the game
3. Busquets has made terrible mistakes losing the ball in bad spots quite a few times over the last 2-3 years
4. We literally had a 0-0 game vs. Rayo at home where Busquets was really poor

All facts. I made a post also explaining that Xavi changed the tactics and line up randomly vs simply playing De Jong in Busquets role. It twisted the whole team up and was an obvious, unneeded mistake.

We've watched our DM be trash for years, especially awful last season, then you criticize a player that has played the position for us twice in a year. De Jong is our best CM right now, and despite him having a bad game at DM today doesnt mean he couldnt adapt to the role. He's not any worse than Busquets, but at least he could improve if he'd play there regularly.

Either way, Busquets should of fucked off years ago.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

It's about the basics, let's not kid ourselves. The guy is poor in possession and makes up for it with darting runs and quick switching of play.

Otherwise he was caught out of position many times and did lots of mistakes. Do you believe it is some isolated thing? No. FDJ is not good in those situations and not for a team that goes by the "juego de posicion" philosophy.

While Busi as utter shite in multiple games where midfield built on him.

Look at a week ago.

jamrock

As least more people are talking a bit of sense now, Frankie os not the solution at DM, let's try to find a solution next summer.

For me I'd sell him to help fund a transfer who can actually fill the DM role next summer.

JamDav1982

Better option than Busquets clogging up and slowing down midfield.

Not good today though.

Would rather team went same again with Pedri being one to get on ball and FDJ allowed to move more.

If Busi is in midfield he will walk about slowing game down to his pace and not Pedri being man on ball enough.

FinBarcelonafan

The game was a bit chaotic today, but at least it wasn't slow like with Busi..

If we can manage that chaos and become better at it, I think this team will improve. We need to be faster in the midfield. Busi is simply too slow.

malvolio

I'm fine if Frenkie never becomes a CDM for us, but my point is fairly simple.

Busquets is a liability as well.

Busquets is not the answer as he is old. Every FDJ supporter uses this shit theory "but, but, but Busquets".

Nah mate, we didn't pay 80M for Busquets to take over the DM spot. But here we are, with a Dutch Golden Retriever still finding excuses after 3 seasons at this club.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It comes down to this:

Would Xavi rather give Frenkie a few more chances at CDM knowing he may never be a complete fit at that position. Preferably in normal circumstances and a back four.

Or

Do you play Busquets who has proven to also be a liability at that position and whose mind might not even be at the club anymore

JamDav1982

Busquets is not the answer as he is old. Every FDJ supporter uses this shit theory "but, but, but Busquets".

Nah mate, we didn't pay 80M for Busquets to take over the DM spot. But here we are, with a Dutch Golden Retriever still finding excuses after 3 seasons at this club.

Team was better without Busquets in midfield.

Simple.

But but... but Busquets was shit last week and midfield built for him just slows down game.

Should be Pedri nd FDJ again next week.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Either way we definitely need to bring in a CDM as soon as possible. So time for them to start scouting.

Tackle

Typical stuff from Frenkie.

-Benched
-Team plays a poor game
-Comes on and runs past tired players with the ball
-Starts some matches and shows his weaknesses

Rinse and repeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans