Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joan

Its funny because we have ancient one clan shitting on frenkie because normal people shit on that veteran snail that is root of our classic european humiliations in recent years.

Frenkie was ok, wasnt good, wasnt bad. Still could do more, and in last 15 minutes jogging like rakitic was getting on my nerves
Busquets hate blinds you lot.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Despite weak opposition and his average performance, the biggest take away is that we don't need the "unique skillset"...

Frenkie might not be the player we need at DM, but shows we can move on from old ideas...

fergus90

Someone like Zubamendi will be lined up as Busquets long term successor.

I think it will be Frenkie's last season here.

Gnidrologist

He isn't a creator, that's for sure and i don't think he stays here for long, but it's still better to play with an actual football player than empty space Busquets. The later shouldn't be anywhere near Cl games anymore. With our super high defensive line we need someone with legs at DM.

Rory

His third man running is excellent, and pulling opposition out of position to free up space for people on the ball. Not great at finding a pass at all but good enough with basics.

FinBarcelonafan

He isn't a creator, that's for sure and i don't think he stays here for long, but it's still better to play with an actual football player than empty space Busquets. The later shouldn't be anywhere near Cl games anymore. With our super high defensive line we need someone with legs at DM.

That's true. I fancy our chances higher with Frenkie than Busi Vs Bayern. Bayern will smell old blood with Busi. He will be a marked man.

Not to mention in defense they will run around Busi for fun.

Frenkie in that case is better choice.

ajnotkeith

He was bad but made no difference to the game result, as against Sociedad.

Says a lot about what Busquets is adding to the team himself. Frenkie plays shite and yet results are the same.

If we had a proper top DM we'd be going places.

Givenchy

Real Madrid away 18/19 highlights loading....

Yup, still living off that Ajax CL hype. Like many of the others from that team.

He wasn't bad tonight and he wasn't really good, he was just there.. which is fine vs this level of opponent but vs the big teams, we would see such a huge improvement with an actual DM.

Played quite well today I don't understand these comments. He played a defensive role what do you want him to realistically do. He did well on his role bit is evident that he's clueless in any advanced time he doesn't know how to play offensively so this is his only chance

CanadianCanadian

He just seems to be a passenger in most games. Kessie and Pedri had a bigger role and better showing in our result against Viktoria Pizen. A few games like the Benfica away game or the Napoli away game, he was great in the forward roll with his surging runs but he just lacks the "X factor". Plays far too passively, never taking control of a game like elite midfielders tend to do. As much as the majority of us wanted Valverde gone, he had a great eye for players and who deserves to play. If Valverde, Koeman, and Xavi can't seem to get the best out of Frenkie than it's time for him to move onwards elsewhere. He's still a quality player but for somebody who isn't quite a DM, which we need, nor a better fit for our team than Pedri, Gavi, Kessie, and even Busqu
I think it's best that we part ways with him heading to Chelsea or Manchester United and we use his transfer fee to grab a player like Bernardo + 1 young player who we can develop (Andrey Santos for example)

BusiTheKing

Sorry but in what way did Pedri have a bigger role last night? Both were fine.

For me, Pedri has been perhaps our best player this season and Frenkie hasn't shown enough, but last night, both were fine, neither better or worse than fine.

I hate these obviously ready-made opinions after each game. People watching each player through a different pair of glasses. Same with people calling Ter Stegen's entire performance bad because of one doubtful action. Just looking for evidence to support the already formed evaluation.

Porque

Someone like Zubamendi will be lined up as Busquets long term successor.

I think it will be Frenkie's last season here.

Reckon we would be after Zubimendi if he was French, had 1 cap and played for Lens?

Or would he be signing for Crystal Palace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans