Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

fergus90

To be honest, i'm certain the club were expecting him not to be here now rather than being a 80m sub.

It's still so early in a very long season but perhaps if it gets to January and he's still seeing 20 minute cameos, he may reconsider a move.

Joan

Skips past players for fun, but holds the ball too long. Needs to play in the first 3rd like he did for Ajax... he's brilliant there, but won't happen in Barcelona (and rightfully).

Brilliant in the final third? Why aren't we seeing that then?

Progressing the ball is his best quality, dribbles well, and copes with press. But he sadly has flaws when at the back or up front which prevent him from making bigger impact.

His passing is also slow. Holds the ball for too long.

Still think he should start.

Sooke

Talks usually go through agents or representatives, players don't go to negotiate for themselves. Besides, you don't need a reason to visit London. If he went to Manchester, I might find it fishy. He might've took his sweetheart shopping. Or to see a show at West end.

I hope that was the case with Frankie. Didn't he just got married to that girl?

Kul_z

Too much time on the ball. He needs to deploy faster and he'd easily be our best mf. I like his gliding past players but god damn get rid of it sooner, his pace would give him and barca so much space and options in final third. There was one or 2 passes where he played to lewa and immidiately ran through opposition, sevilla was wrecked and only bad decision making left us without 1 on 1 situation.

mc_lovin

Too much time on the ball. He needs to deploy faster and he'd easily be our best mf. I like his gliding past players but god damn get rid of it sooner, his pace would give him and barca so much space and options in final third. There was one or 2 passes where he played to lewa and immidiately ran through opposition, sevilla was wrecked and only bad decision making left us without 1 on 1 situation.

It's not happening. What makes him a bad fit for us is his biggest strength.

Maybe we will yolo with him at DM post Busquets... definitely preferable to Ruben Neves for me.

serghei

It's not happening. What makes him a bad fit for us is his biggest strength.

Maybe we will yolo with him at DM post Busquets... definitely preferable to Ruben Neves for me.

The way he is playing would make him a bad fit at most big clubs though.

He'd basically work at underdog teams who sit back and counter, without doing much else. At the top teams, having top attackers, you are expected to pass the ball and don't dwell on it. That's why you sign star attackers, to play them on whenever possible and let them make the difference.

He needs to change some key things to his game, it's like an obstacle that is starting to get visible in a much improved team.

Last edited:

fergus90

Perhaps he just isn't as good as people want to believe. A good player not a brilliant one. Has some very good traits and some pretty frustrating ones.

At 25, is he really going to significantly change that, probably not. He could be taught tactical elements, but a players instinct is something that is very difficult to change in their mid 20's.

FinBarcelonafan

His bubble has burst. He adds nothing to this team. I hate his attacking instincts, soft defending and back passes.

Sell sell

He is better looking and running Arthur

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans