Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porque

Unbelievable that Xavi saw finished Busquets as a better option the entirety of last season and so far this one too.

Needs to be given a proper run of games there now to get adjusted to the position and comfortable, and could give even better performances.

At the least does not sink the team with total lack of legs.

The irony is even Busquets thinks he was done, wanting to move to the MLS in the summer.

Frenkie needs a string of games now so the team can build around a different style of midfield, and also the trust to fail just as Busquets errors have been overlooked for 5 years, because of when his unique set of skills comes off.

Too small a sample size for example, but today we saw how the setup benefitted Gavi while Pedri was too peripheral until the game slowed down in the second half.

So ideally Frenkie gets the next 3 big games as the starting defensive midfield.

vuji_31

We need to transition with 2 CDM's, one being De Jong and second someone like Gortzka/Valverde who is complete midfielder who can score bunch of goals, run whole game, and is good in every aspect.

With 2 kind of player and Pedri,we are good to play against anyone.

i_bleed_blaugrana

There is no agenda mate in coldly analyzing his traits and saying he doesn't fit into our football.
Simple as that.

I didn't cherry pick the article, which doesn't take a stance on him, just tells you what kind of player he is and what he does on the pitch.
Here it is:

Sit down and read it carefully.

Your post suffers (like many other posts here) from myopic judgment and fantasizing what you would like to see, while turning a blind eye towards what you see week in week out.
Frenkie is one of the most failed transfers, given his wages especially

January is not close enough for him to just leave...

Imagine saying all of this just for him to drop a masterclass at DM in your face the literal next game :lol:

Your posts suffer from mindless hatred But please, go find me another article that can tell me things that I and anyone with any sort of football IQ can plainly see for themselves. If only we could sell plastics like yourself in January, we could use the money :lol:

Anyways, first game Xavi hands it over to the kids instead of the geezers, first game we ball. It cant be this hard fr.

Last edited:

ajnotkeith

The irony is even Busquets thinks he was done, wanting to move to the MLS in the summer.

Frenkie needs a string of games now so the team can build around a different style of midfield, and also the trust to fail just as Busquets errors have been overlooked for 5 years, because of when his unique set of skills comes off.

Too small a sample size for example, but today we saw how the setup benefitted Gavi while Pedri was too peripheral until the game slowed down in the second half.

So ideally Frenkie gets the next 3 big games as the starting defensive midfield.
The weirdest thing about Busquets's current role in the team is he was never even used like this in his prime, he was always a supportive figure for Xavi and Iniesta, but now he is finished and wants to go to MLS, he became the golden idol of our midfield whom every ball must pass through, and who marshalls the team up the field. It's strange and not clear when he took on this role.

But as JamDav says that may be a consequence of him losing his legs as he can't keep pace with the modern game anymore, therefore it has to be slowed down to accommodate him and leads to total loss of fluidity in the midfield.

Frenkie just by virtue of being more associative and involving the other midfielders more will lead to better gameplay as there will be multiple options for the ball exit. And even if Frenkie isn't a natural pivot and vacates his position sometimes he has the legs to get back + his runs forward are actually productive, unlike Busquets who seems to leave his position for no real reason these days.

Horatio

You're welcome
Already said it in chat at time but later saw the post-game interview and Frenkie confirmed he opted to be subbed off. He said he was really happy with the game and people cheering for him.

JohnN

Great game from Frankie. Opponent was crap but he was great at that position. It suits him starting from deep and has a working pair of legs on him. In that role we don't need a player with amazing vision so he excelled by keeping it simple with passes or driving forward. Perma bench Busquets please.

Horatio

You're welcome
Great game from Frankie. Opponent was crap

Doing us a bit of disservice. Villareal been doing well if I am not wrong. They only conceded 2 goals so until they faced us. Rulli is the GK with most saves. Emery good coach. Maybe we were a bit lucky with disastrous Danjuma. But based on overall game we deserved the win.

malvolio

Doing us a bit of disservice. Villareal been doing well if I am not wrong. They only conceded 2 goals so until they faced us. Rulli is the GK with most saves. Emery good coach. Maybe we were a bit lucky with disastrous Danjuma. But based on overall game we deserved the win.

They had a good record coming into the match. But they've played like crap last night. They were wide open on defense and shambolic in attack. We played a good game, but can't take away much from the performance.

As I've said in another thread, Villareal has a habit of shitting the bed against us, even if we're not that good.

Horatio

You're welcome
They had a good record coming into the match. But they've played like crap last night. They were wide open on defense and shambolic in attack. We played a good game, but can't take away much from the performance.

As I've said in another thread, Villareal has a habit of shitting the bed against us, even if we're not that good.

Hmmm....you're right. I might have misheard my commentator. I thought he said Barca did not win their last 3 games against Villareal. It was just the last one.

jamrock

Been away on vaca during our most critical run, missing all the matches, this trend has blown up.

Has he finally stepped up to be the leader of the Midfield he was bought to be? Or did he just have his usual 1 of 4/5 very good games per season & the usual suspects are blowing up?.

Our record is 1-1-1 since I lost saw a match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans