Gerard Deulofeu

Paganinisrvnge

IMO, he should get a couple appearances at the end of this season with La Liga wrapped up. Would be interesting to see how he combines with Messi.

Micah

Can someone clear this out to me, please... Barca B players can train and play with the first team, but once you're officially promoted to the first team, you can no longer play with the B team, right?

I've always wondered about that, better off not registering to the 1st team then, like JDS for instance, who hasn't played a game in months now.

Stric

Then who in their right mind would register him for the first team?! Not just this year, but next year and the one after that, as well. We already have Messi, Villa, Pedro, Sanchez, Tello, Iniesta, maybe even Cuenca, and most likely Neymar contesting for spots in the front three. Why would we want to deprive yet another forward of playing time in general? Look at Tello, FFS.

spark

Then who in their right mind would register him for the first team?! Not just this year, but next year and the one after that, as well. We already have Messi, Villa, Pedro, Sanchez, Tello, Iniesta, maybe even Cuenca, and most likely Neymar contesting for spots in the front three. Why would we want to deprive yet another forward of playing time in general? Look at Tello, FFS.

If they play more than 10 games in the first division they cant play in the second division again anyway. I would like to think that in 2 years Deulo is playing more games than that.

Stric

If they play more than 10 games in the first division they cant play in the second division again anyway. I would like to think that in 2 years Deulo is playing more games than that.

I didn't know this. That's why I asked. Some thing make more sense now, thanks.

spark

I didn't know this. That's why I asked. Some thing make more sense now, thanks.

No problem. One extra year of alternating would be good. Although if Eusebio stays you do wonder about the long term effects of 'learning' in such a broken system.

Paganinisrvnge

I understand the caution but some of you guys are acting like deulofeu is 14 or 15 years old. He's 19. It's time for him to show what he's worth. You can't just keep him destroying segunda teams for the next 3 years while alexis gets tons of minutes.

Stric

No problem. One extra year of alternating would be good. Although if Eusebio stays you do wonder about the long term effects of 'learning' in such a broken system.

If there was no 10 game limit, I'd say it would be pointless to promote him officially before there's enough space for him in the squad to play regularly. But now that I know of this 10 game rule, it makes more sense why some youngsters are being promoted even when there's not much playing time in for them.

kozza

Good news, I hope he will be a starter with Tello and Alexis (who didn't play Tuesday and could be replaced after 60 mins), we need to rest Messi & Villa and we have 13 points gap from the second, so all conditions are satisfied to see Deulofeu playing.

mixer

tumblr_mbzq6wrPFC1r99yhho1_250.gif

WTF?

Home of Barca Fans