Gerard Deulofeu

Stric

We've heard Deulofeu is supposed to be promoted next season. How do you see this work within the squad? Tello is there and plays the exact same position. Even he hasn't gotten a lot of playing time, but he's been great in what little time he's played. Cuenca is probably coming back in the summer, as well. Then there is Pedro, and Villa and Alexis, one of whom is probably leaving. I don't see how this is supposed to work. When Deulofeu gets promoted, that's at least 4, at most 6 players fighting for 2 positions. All of whom are best on the left, and only two can play on the right. If Deulofeu was left footed, I'd be much more excited about him being promoted, but this way, I don't see how the team or the player will benefit much from this.

Oh, and I forgot we're bringing in Neymar, too. :lol: Make that 7 at most.

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Speed kills and one thing is for certain with Tello & Deulofeu, no one is going to be shy going on goal - frankly, that's a good thing

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
We've heard Deulofeu is supposed to be promoted next season. How do you see this work within the squad? Tello is there and plays the exact same position. Even he hasn't gotten a lot of playing time, but he's been great in what little time he's played. Cuenca is probably coming back in the summer, as well. Then there is Pedro, and Villa and Alexis, one of whom is probably leaving. I don't see how this is supposed to work. When Deulofeu gets promoted, that's at least 4, at most 6 players fighting for 2 positions. All of whom are best on the left, and only two can play on the right. If Deulofeu was left footed, I'd be much more excited about him being promoted, but this way, I don't see how the team or the player will benefit much from this.

Deulofeu is pretty strong with both feet and I presume will have to make do with playing on the right next season.

I'd say this is how it works out:
-One of Tello/Cuenca out
-Alexis out on loan to Juve but never to return :lol:
-Villa stays and remains starter in big games (like Puyol)
-Pedro remains a fairly regular starter
-Tello/Cuenca and Deulofeu rotate with Pedro and Villa for playing time in the smaller games

Irish_Cules

Deulofeu is pretty strong with both feet and I presume will have to make do with playing on the right next season.

I'd say this is how it works out:
-One of Tello/Cuenca out
-Alexis out on loan to Juve but never to return :lol:
-Villa stays and remains starter in big games (like Puyol)
-Pedro remains a fairly regular starter
-Tello/Cuenca and Deulofeu rotate with Pedro and Villa for playing time in the smaller games

Ye I can see that happening also. Villa leaving and Neymar coming is a big possibility though as well.

Stric

I doubt both Villa and Sanchez will leave. And one of Tello/Cuenca along with them. It seems highly unlikely that Barca will sell three forwards and bring one.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I doubt both Villa and Sanchez will leave. And one of Tello/Cuenca along with them. It seems highly unlikely that Barca will sell three forwards and bring one.

Cuenca+Sanchez leaving is what I predict will happen. I don't think Neymar will come this summer though. There are gonna be obstacles that get in the way of it happening this soon.

Stric

Why do you think Cuenca will leave? I always thought our club was crazy about him. He's on loan because he needs to recover.

Irish_Cules

Why do you think Cuenca will leave? I always thought our club was crazy about him. He's on loan because he needs to recover.

I like Cuenca as well but I don't know if there will be room for him in the squad when Delefeou gets promoted. I think it's between him and Tello for a spot in the squad, and Tello is the more exciting prospect IMO.

Stric

Interesting. I was always under the impression that in the eyes of the staff/fans it's Cuenca > Tello. And obviously either/both of them > Deulofeu.

Either way, regardless of who's staying or leaving or coming, that's way too many right-footed players who are best utilized on the left and are pretty useless on the right.

Paganinisrvnge

I say get rid of Alexis and keep Villa fresh for big matches. Rotate the 2 wing spots between Pedro, Tello, Cuenca, Deulofeu, and Villa. No need for Neymar. Use that money for a proper CB please.

I like Cuenca as well but I don't know if there will be room for him in the squad when Delefeou gets promoted. I think it's between him and Tello for a spot in the squad, and Tello is the more exciting prospect IMO.

Really? Isn't Deulofeu supposed to be a future Ballon d'or contender/the next Messi/whatever?

I say get rid of Alexis and keep Villa fresh for big matches. Rotate the 2 wing spots between Pedro, Tello, Cuenca, Deulofeu, and Villa. No need for Neymar. Use that money for a proper CB please.

Sounds good to me.

Irish_Cules

Interesting. I was always under the impression that in the eyes of the staff/fans it's Cuenca > Tello. And obviously either/both of them > Deulofeu.

Either way, regardless of who's staying or leaving or coming, that's way too many right-footed players who are best utilized on the left and are pretty useless on the right.

Both broke through around the same time and Cuenca was more consistent and mature in the way he played. I always thought Tello was the greater talent though. His decision making and finishing are getting better and better so I think he has surpassed Cuenca at this stage. Maybe the management see it a different way but that's my opinion.

Home of Barca Fans