Gerard Deulofeu

Gauss

Hi guys, Everton fan here. Just thought I'd give you a general Everton fans view on him. Everyone can see he has the talent, his feet are unbelievably quick and when he's in full flow it's fantastic to watch, very much akin to a young Ronaldo when he joined Man U. However he can be very frustrating at times, when playing on the right he obviously favours a few stepovers before heading to the byline to put in a cross - this has been figured out quickly by a few defenders already. Credit to Martinez against Stoke, he realised this and told him to move to the left where he eventually scored from. He just needs to mix it up a bit when one on one.

I know some of you are frustrated he doesn't seem to be starting many games however I think its a case of him adjusting to the pace of the game and a new country/language, but also a case of 'ok you may be a future superstar but you will have to earn your place here'. To be fair to him he doesn't stroll around, he is tracking back and he actually tracked a stoke player into his own half before helping to win the ball back that set up the attack for the 2nd goal, so he is buying into the work ethic. He just needs to make the right decisions at certain times, which will come with playing games.

We hope we are going to see a lot more of him soon, especially over xmas period when there is a lot of games played but so far he is really impressing and if he continues to develop and gain more experience then you have a future world class player on your hands. We are also under the impression that if the loan goes well and everyone is happy with his progress, we can have him for another year. Hopefully this is the case.
Do post in the Lukaku thread as well, please. :)

desoe

I watched him only twice at Everton so far - against Liverpool (amazing game) and Manchester United, and it was a bit frustrating. He clearly showed great pace and touch, but really disappointed with the final move in front of goal. He's clearly very green yet. But safe to say, very soon he would force Pedro or Alexis out of Barca's first team.

impeh

Hi, its me..
Everton; Howard, Coleman, Oviedo, Distin, Jagielka, Barry, Barkley, Pienaar, McCarthy, Mirallas, Lukaku
Everton subs: Robles, Heitinga, Jelavic, Deulofeu, Naismith, Osman, Stones

Arsenal: Szczesny, Jenkinson, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Gibbs, Arteta, Wilshere, Ramsey, Ozil, Cazorla, Giroud

starting on the bench but should get some gametime against arsenal :p

Last edited:

Alg1878

Not surprised he isn't starting today, big game for us and we need the more experienced players out there. I would say he will get a good 20 mins today from the bench. If we are losing he will be put on to try and create something and if we are winning he will be put on to use his pace on the counter attack as Arsenal will pour forward.

After todays game you should start to see a lot more of him as we have 3 home games coming up against sides below us in the table.

abual3bed1

Not only work hard for his place, but also protecting him from the english media. Imagine if after he torn Stoke apart, he gives an average or below par performances at Old Trafford or today at Emirates. They're gonna eat him alive. So Martinez is doing great managing him. And he's doing so well up till now.

Once he links up well with Lukaku, this Everton side will be much more dangerous.

JamDav1982

He is a good sub as any time he comes on he seems to be up to pace with the game immediately.

Not that he wants to be known for that but he comes on and makes an impact every time.

BarcaVillain

He is a good sub as any time he comes on he seems to be up to pace with the game immediately.

Not that he wants to be known for that but he comes on and makes an impact every time.

Not too bad when he's in the team from the beginning either. Two goals in two starts IIRC.

Home of Barca Fans