Gerard Deulofeu

DinhoR10

It probably would be better for him to stay for 2 seasons but we're desperate for new blood, blood that didnt win the champions league for fun at a point in time. Barcelona cannot become a club like madrid or liverpool that pride themselves on their history.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
and i noticed no one gave the management (aka Zubi and co ) a heads up for choosing Everton and epl. and not loaning him to a Spanish team like celta or so.
I thought it was a good decision... I have a great respect for Martinez. And then it intensified when he didn't straightaway bring in the player like a star that he feels he is, but instead made him work for his spot.

Last edited:

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
I wasn't that happy when he went to the Prem, just did not see that league as helping a youngster like Gerard to prepare for life in La Liga. But I think Martinez seems to be managing him very well, it might be a wise choice after all.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Might be, so long as he plays...Fortunately, Everton are playing some attractive passing football rather than hoof & hunt...The problem, for me, is that he will never see the amount of space in front of him in Spain as he does in the Premiership which is the part of his game that needs refining - when to make the runs, passes, movement etc

The flip side, of course, is that if he becomes enamoured with the football culture in England there's always the risk he will want to remain there

It probably would be better for him to stay for 2 seasons but we're desperate for new blood, blood that didnt win the champions league for fun at a point in time. Barcelona cannot become a club like madrid or liverpool that pride themselves on their history.

Our attack isn't that desperate for new blood (and IF we need a new forward, it's a number 9, not a winger), Sanchez and Neymar seem pretty hungry to me, and they've both had a great season so far. The attack's probably the best part of the team right now, at least as far as the starting lineup goes. But more depth can't hurt, and I can see Deulofeu being good enough to be our third choice winger by the end of the season. And making him 3rd choice winger will allow us to sell one of Pedro or Tello to fund other transfers.

IMO, whether we should keep Deulofeu or loan him back to Everton depends on how good he is at the end of the season.

Last edited:

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
IMO no matter how much he progresses, Gerard should be playing as much as possible. Having him stay another season at Everton would probably be ideal. Unless, of course, we sell Pedro and/or Tello, and don't buy Aguero/Lewandowski/InsertStrikerHere.

MrKnowitAlll

IMO no matter how much he progresses, Gerard should be playing as much as possible. Having him stay another season at Everton would probably be ideal. Unless, of course, we sell Pedro and/or Tello, and don't buy Aguero/Lewandowski/InsertStrikerHere.

Tello is most probably going because i don't see him playing. But that's the thing. If Gerard was to come , he would take Tello's position and not play as much because , we cant be subbing Neymar the way we sub Alexis and Pedro.

Also... Cuenca and Affelay. I don't know why they are still here. I know injuries and others but ... they need to go. The are the deadliest dead wait in our team. And they have no future at the club whatsoever.

Good luck Gerard for today. I hope he doesn't get carried away and try and do everything. He needs to learn. If/When he comes back he will behind Neymar is the pecking order.

Home of Barca Fans