Gerard Deulofeu

F

Flavia

Right now it looks like he might not make it, but you'll never know. I like the buyback option. It's also an incentive for him to improve.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Everyone responsible for allowing low release clauses and agreeing to devalue our players like this needs to be slapped and kicked out of the club.

khaled_a_d

Deulofeu lacks too many important things to ever become a world class player. He'll be lucky to reach Gio dos Santos level. I'd try to get 10m for him and I'd sell without regrets.

The kid won't make it. Dunno why you guys are still obsessed with him. He is not much different from gai assulin.

Those are huge overstatement ,GDS was party boy who didn't have any discipline off the pitch .Gerard was nothing like that and he has as much talent as him.as for Gai Gerard is actually miles better than him and he is 3 years younger and it isn't even close
Yes,things doesn't look good for him from having Barca future POV .but for 21 years old prospect he still has ton of potential and has done very good.he will have good career as a player.may be not good enough to be Barca player but that isn't the only benchmark for players career

raki

Everyone responsible for allowing low release clauses and agreeing to devalue our players like this needs to be slapped and kicked out of the club.

Agree. I believe in Deulofeu. If he gets continuous playing he will show his talent. Morata was a buyback for 22M. And Deulofeu goes for 6m....And for English clubs, the easiest to rip off.
Why cant we sell like a proper club? It gets me mad.
Same thing in Cesc deal. 33M was too low.

Last edited:

serghei

Yes,things doesn't look good for him from having Barca future POV .but for 21 years old prospect he still has ton of potential and has done very good.he will have good career as a player.may be not good enough to be Barca player but that isn't the only benchmark for players career

Gio dos Santos is a good player from Villareal, an important team in Spain. And about Deulo's potential, it's like a recurrent tune that is played every year in the transfer window.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Agree. I believe in Deulofeu. If he gets continuous playing he will show his talent. Morata was a buyback for 22M. And Deulofeu goes for 6m....And for English clubs, the easiest to rip off.
Why cant we sell like a proper club? It gets me mad.
Same thing in Cesc deal. 33M was too low.

Not even a question of believing or not. He's one of the most talented youngsters that constantly plays in world's best youth teams that is Spain.
It's a question of self respect.
Epl clubs pay 10+ for noones and we are selling to upper table club in wealthiest league.

khaled_a_d

Gio dos Santos is a good player from Villareal, an important team in Spain. And about Deulo's potential, it's like a recurrent tune that is played every year in the transfer window.

GDS joined them when he was 24 and b4 that he was far more worse than Gerard .his attitude was awful and there is no comparison between both in that aspect .he was able to get his head straight and earn himself a decent career and right now he is probably better than gerard but not by so much and Gerard can be much better than him for sure .to say he will be lucky to have a career of such wasted potential like GDS is tough tbh .

JamDav1982

Not even a question of believing or not. He's one of the most talented youngsters that constantly plays in world's best youth teams that is Spain.
It's a question of self respect.
Epl clubs pay 10+ for noones and we are selling to upper table club in wealthiest league.

Other side of it is that he was a player that could not break consistently into the Everton team or the Sevilla team and had his attitude called into question.

If he is good enough and shows the right attitude he can show Barca what they have missed as doubt he will be back.

Still big question marks though.

khaled_a_d

Other side of it is that he was a player that could not break consistently into the Everton team or the Sevilla team and had his attitude called into question.

If he is good enough and shows the right attitude he can show Barca what they have missed as doubt he will be back.

Still big question marks though.

He was good enough at Everton at the age of 19 that they have actually tried to keep him last year and still want him this year .they want to get him probably more than we want to get rid of him .
We could have got 10M easy for him.at least it isn't the pitty 3M that was rumored

Off topic : Can we actually sign/sell player until elections? i thought not but rumors about Gerson and Gerard making me wonder

Slickz

A shame how things turned out for him. Had an excellent season at Everton and then just a wasted season at Sevilla. Not too late for him but I genuinelly thought he was a great prospect. Was very good for Everton and was expecting he would be an important figure. I think the mistake was loaning him out again. He should have stayed within the Barca system.

JamDav1982

He was good enough at Everton at the age of 19 that they have actually tried to keep him last year and still want him this year .they want to get him probably more than we want to get rid of him .
We could have got 10M easy for him.at least it isn't the pitty 3M that was rumored

Off topic : Can we actually sign/sell player until elections? i thought not but rumors about Gerson and Gerard making me wonder

I think Everton want him as he has big potential, he was not always a regular when there before.

He is type of player that will get a lot of chances with teams as his raw attributes are good but he still doesnt seem to be learning.

Hope he succeeds at Everton though but they will need to make allowances for him I think.

ceefoo

True. Even the Championship (2nd Tier in England) clubs have paid more for players.

For one of the most talented young prospects in Europe to sold for 3m, would be a travesty. :facepalm:

ceefoo

At a paltry 3m. it's a win win situation for any EPL club. They know that should Deulo flop they will still make their money back.

Not forgetting that Everton is a 'selling club', so they would be more than happy to let him build his profile and valuation of the course of a few seasons, then sell him to one of Europe's elite for a massive profit. :greedy:

Adversus

As an everton fan I'm delighted about this transfer and I think it will be the best thing for Deulofeu. Loans aren't working for him and he didn't want another so it's understandable.

The deal I believe allows Barca to get him back for up to 2 years so it has a lot of the advantages for you guys of a loan but also gives everton the incentive to develop him.

Frankly I believe there's a chance he will go on to be some player if he improves the aspects we all know he lacks. There was some games in his first season with us he looked a class apart but he will only develop the consistency he needs playing for a manager that believes him and getting the play time. I said at the time Sevilla was a mistake. This is a good deal for all concerned.

I also think the price is relatively low to keep the buyback low so too much shouldn't be read into it.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans