Gerard Deulofeu

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Growing up with a La Masia golden generation have led people to believe every La Masia player is talented and good enough to make it big.

People have become delusional.

xXKonan

Reading the Facebook comments after the announcment. Are people really that deluded (I assume Barca Reddit is similar). He is our future, he is better than Dembele, he is better than Gomes, he is better than Vidal, he wasn't given enough chances, he is the best player for this position etc, etc...

I mean, do those people even watch Barca play?
Not all that shocking tbh I reckon half of those fans on there are casual to a point where they don't follow the team as extensively as one would expect. But I do feel like anyone can see that Deulofeu has glaring flaws.

Like seriously you don't need to look at his time at Everton,Milan etc to see it. You can just watch the games vs Valencia and Real Murcia and that's it, He's simply doesn't have what it takes to make it here.

RMU ReBorn

Reading the Facebook comments after the announcment. Are people really that deluded (I assume Barca Reddit is similar). He is our future, he is better than Dembele, he is better than Gomes, he is better than Vidal, he wasn't given enough chances, he is the best player for this position etc, etc...

I mean, do those people even watch Barca play?
Same with Dennis . Lot of people have a perception that he isn't given enough chances .

God Serena

Cough cough Sergi Samper

Sergi Samper is good. He was getting an increased role with Las Palmas after putting in a string of really good performances but suffered a heartbreaking injury that will probably spell the end for him here unless Valverde decides to give him a chance in the next season, which is unlikely.

FCBfan22

Same with Dennis . Lot of people have a perception that he isn't given enough chances .

Well at least Denis has one use: Being bully target for Pique in training sessions.

Well, at least it seems that he has quite smaller ego than Deulofeu (who seemed to me like he thought that he is the natural heir to Neymar when he left).

Messi983

As I said before, we can't sell him until the summer, apparently.

We could sell him if he would agree with that. It's probably clear to him by now he doesn't have a future here so I don't think he would reject being sold but there is just no club willing to pay anything for him.

ebieymjunior

We could sell him if he would agree with that. It's probably clear to him by now he doesn't have a future here so I don't think he would reject being sold but there is just no club willing to pay anything for him.

I think he's referring to a clause in his contract (essentially so we didn't just get him to sell him immediately in the summer/winter window).

khaled_a_d

Really? We bought him stipulating in his contract that we won't sell him for an amount of time?

Yes, this was agreed in 2015 most probably and AFAIK he didn't want back but we still wanted to activate our options. It didn't made sense for him to wave such clause as it makes sure the club isn't buying him just to sell him again

BarçaBarça

We could loan with obligatory buy-clause, if we had any business-skills. But as it turns out we are dreadful at that. Not that it is easy to sell him, tbh, everyone who have scouted him will say that he is only worth a shot if he comes for free. I guess it is better to get rid of him, than have him here.

The real tragedy is re-signing him in the first place, whether it was for sporting or re-sale reasons it was clearly stupid.

Home of Barca Fans