Gerard Deulofeu

Yugi

it was deulofeu who led whole attack in semifinal and final especially, but yeah Sarabia scored more goals

Maria

Liked him in the last game(the only one played from start till finish)..he was pressing like hell and passed the ball to his teammates when didn't had a better option..not to mention his goals.
He and Rafinha are the gems of this generation and I hope at least one of them will make it at Barca.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Sooooo.....he stepped it up then? People have been really tough on this kid lately. Hope he really has turned it around.

I missed the first goal but it was a helluva strike...I still think he's been pretty one dimensional in that his best 'move' is simply trying to beat his man with pace...But he can definitely score given space, that's never really been a question I believe

2nd half, even with the goal, he looked pretty much the same player I've been watching for a couple of seasons now...I have to imagine the combination of Eusebio's calling out, Tello's emergence and the addition of Dongou will eventually push the kid to up his game - on both ends...He still has a ways to go but I'm sure he'll be joining the preseason tour

Nani17

Interesting reading through the posts and seeing how critical some people are towards Gerard. Some people question his development in the vision department, but you have to remember wingers are a frustrating breed. They seem to take a bit longer to mature and find that vision and know when to pass. I spent many years watching Nani and Ronaldo and they were the most frustrating thing ever. But with natural ability, coaching and learning from your mistakes, this kid will become good.

The pressure amounted on his shoulders clearly isn't helping, especially with his egotistical nature. It hindered Assulin and Bojan who could have been world beaters. Just lay of the kid and let him progress. Not everyone is a freak like Rooney, Cesc or Messi and is ready for the big time at 17.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
You raise a good point about wingers, in general, but I doubt Nani or CR were only beating their markers for pace - Deulofeu has a propensity to do this, no one knows how good he is at creating space for himself against better defenders...Gai, at his peak, was a poor man's Deulofeu and Bojan has more technical abilities than Gerard so I think it's a bad comparison...Bojan scored a boatload of goals in the youth divisions

Workrate will have to improve, obviously, and that more often than not something the flashy wingers tend to be poor at from the outset

Wouterinho

You raise a good point about wingers, in general, but I doubt Nani or CR were only beating their markers for pace - Deulofeu has a propensity to do this, no one knows how good he is at creating space for himself against better defenders...Gai, at his peak, was a poor man's Deulofeu and Bojan has more technical abilities than Gerard so I think it's a bad comparison...Bojan scored a boatload of goals in the youth divisions

Workrate will have to improve, obviously, and that more often than not something the flashy wingers tend to be poor at from the outset

You keep talking about how Deulofeu always just tries to beat opponents with his pace... I just wonder why (if that is all he does) Guardiola would already let him play for and train with the first team, knowing Barcelona have enough talented wingers who have more maturity (Tello, cuenca, pedro,...) and aren't really first choices either.

Ofcourse he still has a long way to go, but I think he has a lot of potential. I'm not critisizing your opinion, I just wonder what your explanation might be for the reason why Guardiola has already given him the chances he has been given?

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
You keep talking about how Deulofeu always just tries to beat opponents with his pace... I just wonder why (if that is all he does) Guardiola would already let him play for and train with the first team, knowing Barcelona have enough talented wingers who have more maturity (Tello, cuenca, pedro,...) and aren't really first choices either.

Deulofeu is a Masia superstar...Tello, Cuenca & Pedro have all spent time away from the club - they never had the hype this kid has had...It's a very different discussion to compare those players to Delofeu...He's on the par of Bojan in terms of hype

Ofcourse he still has a long way to go, but I think he has a lot of potential. I'm not critisizing your opinion, I just wonder what your explanation might be for the reason why Guardiola has already given him the chances he has been given?

I couldn't begin to guess what goes through Pep's mind when he manages these players...Particularly when or how he squeezes out the most from these younger players...There are other things to consider as well...He's such a big talent that the club has to give him a shot or risk losing him to another club...Delofeu has enough clout he could sign for a number of big clubs, especially in England...Of course, even giving him that first team exposure has another benefit in that he will likely appreciate the gap that remains for him to make the leap to first team football

Plus, I'm sure there are many in the club that believe in him...I'm not saying he's a bust....I'm merely pointing out that he doesn't look ready yet and that he has to work harder on his game...It's up to him

Wouterinho

I think it'll especially be his work rate that'll have to improve, but let's give him some time.
& I wasn't comparing him to Tello, Pedro, Cuenca,... I was just pointing out that we've got enough options, so it's not a necessity to have him in the team. The fact that many other teams would sign him is indeed part of the explanation, but I also think Guardiola thinks that by letting him train with the first team, he might develop more and faster.

D

danumber10

he's becoming such amazing player. I've been watching all Barca B games lately and he's been great. He's learning to play for the team but his individuality still remains which is good. He's learning to hold the ball so well that defenders barely get the ball away from him. I have defended this guy from the beginning and will continue to do it so. Forget Neynar, with Tello, Cuenca, Rafinha, deulofeu, we have players for the future.

Home of Barca Fans