Gerard Deulofeu

Maria

Aui7FQSCMAAfvnJ.jpg

Machina

"After a first year at Barcelona B, winger Gerard Deulofeu (18) could next season switch between the first team and the B-team. [sport]" via barcastuff
This step is pretty huge to him and I don't think he deserves it yet. When Pep introduced him last season, he was very selfish and everybody excused him that he wanted to prove his ass off. I watched him in Barça B and he's the same. He can dribble, no argue about that, but he loses the ball 99% of the time in situations where a pass would be a better choice. I think he has much more to learn at B than making this step now.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
"After a first year at Barcelona B, winger Gerard Deulofeu (18) could next season switch between the first team and the B-team. [sport]" via barcastuff
This step is pretty huge to him and I don't think he deserves it yet. When Pep introduced him last season, he was very selfish and everybody excused him that he wanted to prove his ass off. I watched him in Barça B and he's the same. He can dribble, no argue about that, but he loses the ball 99% of the time in situations where a pass would be a better choice. I think he has much more to learn at B than making this step now.

I'd hazard a guess that there's pressure to placate the kid or risk losing him with Premiership poachers hawking the player...I will say, there's been a definitive change in his game, workrate and professionalism

Machina

I'd hazard a guess that there's pressure to placate the kid or risk losing him with Premiership poachers hawking the player...I will say, there's been a definitive change in his game, workrate and professionalism
I agree to this, too! He's a wonder kid, no doubt, and he's improving himself. But that still doesn't make him eligible for the 1st team, unfortunately. If he's gonna be promoted, I hope he'll learn something from the likes of Messi, Xavi etc. I just watched the vs Xerez video up above and he, indeed, passed the ball a bit more than the usual but... there's still a but. But hey, nobody that got promoted was perfect. We'll see how Tito transforms him.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I think Dongou being a teammate will be interesting for Gerard because it'll be the first time he'll be playing along side someone as hyped or more than him...He'll have to work even harder to get the spotlight from a player who I believe will own it next season, Jean Marie Dongou

F

Flavia

I agree to this, too! He's a wonder kid, no doubt, and he's improving himself. But that still doesn't make him eligible for the 1st team, unfortunately. If he's gonna be promoted, I hope he'll learn something from the likes of Messi, Xavi etc. I just watched the vs Xerez video up above and he, indeed, passed the ball a bit more than the usual but... there's still a but. But hey, nobody that got promoted was perfect. We'll see how Tito transforms him.
He won't be promoted, he'll still be a b player, but will probably get chances, much like Tello did.

USWAY

I think Dongou being a teammate will be interesting for Gerard because it'll be the first time he'll be playing along side someone as hyped or more than him...He'll have to work even harder to get the spotlight from a player who I believe will own it next season, Jean Marie Dongou
Actually those two already played a good bit together last year on Juvenile A. Oscar used Dongou, Rafinha, Gerard up top on occasion, and it was very effective.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ch89/5736760390/

Home of Barca Fans