Gerard Gumbau

yahudi

Could you stop being ***** for once and just support a Barcelona player?

Yes, he is no Samper and there are several better options for the pivote role in the first team. He will probably never achieve the elusive "Barca level". But the amount of hate here (and on Twitter) is outstanding. People actually take time to look up all his mistakes during the couple of minutes he played.

spark

If he had completed more than one pass the video would reflect that as they do with every other player. Unless you expect a compilation of him warming up on the sideline.

F

Flavia

There's nothing to support. He doesn't read this forum. I don't like seeing poor players in the team, whoever they are.

God Serena

Could you stop being ***** for once and just support a Barcelona player?

Yes, he is no Samper and there are several better options for the pivote role in the first team. He will probably never achieve the elusive "Barca level". But the amount of hate here (and on Twitter) is outstanding. People actually take time to look up all his mistakes during the couple of minutes he played.

Why should I support him if he shouldn't even be a Barca player in the first place?

Supporting him would suggest I think it's okay for him to wear the crest. It's not.

yahudi

If he had completed more than one pass the video would reflect that as they do with every other player. Unless you expect a compilation of him warming up on the sideline.

There was a particular instance recently. I think it was Barca B against Alcoyano.

The game was televised and I zapped a bit into it. Gumbau was having a really decent game (probably better than Samper) and gave an amazing throughball to assist the goalscorer. Yet the first few videos and comments (@Youngcules) focused solely on one or two really poor passes from him.

Gumbau's main fault is that he is not the hyped up talented Catalan golden boy. Everything else is a decision by the first and reserve team coaches.

Why should I support him if he shouldn't even be a Barca player in the first place?

Supporting him would suggest I think it's okay for him to wear the crest. It's not.

Do you support the club and want it to do well? Then it's probably in your best interest if Gumbau does not mess up too much during the few minutes he gets to play, even if you don't agree with his inclusion in first place.

Most of ya'll act like Barcelona didn't give minutes to guys like Olmo, Santamaria or Abraham in the past.

khaled_a_d

There was a particular instance recently. I think it was Barca B against Alcoyano.

The game was televised and I zapped a bit into it. Gumbau was having a really decent game (probably better than Samper) and gave an amazing throughball to assist the goalscorer. Yet the first few videos and comments (@Youngcules) focused solely on one or two really poor passes from him.

We talked about that incidence actually in Barca B thread(check page 272)
But you won't find many comment on a twitter account as much a Barcelona player

frog-fcb

How many would have said that at the start about puyol xavi iniesta even sergi roberto.
Basic fact is hes a barca player so we should support him. Lucho must see him as the best solution for the first team currently if samper wants that role he needs to earn it from what i gather hes not exactly setting the 3rd division on fire at the minute so why should he get promotion

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I don't believe in rubbishing our cantera players but when they aren't 1st team quality yet play it boggles not just the mind but sends a bizarre message to La Masia's youth

Disastrous approach, IMHO

Cule4life

The Culest
I secretly hope gumbau has naughty pics of Lucho else this makes as much sense as an episode of keeping up with the kardashians

God Serena

How many would have said that at the start about puyol xavi iniesta even sergi roberto.
Basic fact is hes a barca player so we should support him. Lucho must see him as the best solution for the first team currently if samper wants that role he needs to earn it from what i gather hes not exactly setting the 3rd division on fire at the minute so why should he get promotion

Puyol, Xavi, Iniesta, and even Sergi Roberto weren't so bad that they actually harmed the team and brought it down. To even mention Puyol, Xavi, and Iniesta when discussing a player as all around terrible as Gumbau is high blasphemy as it is.

I'm not even sure why you mention Samper at all. Samper has nothing to do with Lucho calling up really bad players for the first team to play in positions they can't play in the first place.

God Serena

Gumbau's main fault is that he is not the hyped up talented Catalan golden boy. Everything else is a decision by the first and reserve team coaches.

You can find one pass in one game that was good but it seems you must not have watched the whole game because he played DM while Samper played CM and while Samper played quite well and Gumbau got the assist, Samper created more chances and actually provided link up play while Gumbau was still leaving massive holes in front of the defense and was, as you mentioned, making some really, really poor passes (I'm talking straight out of bounds here).

I watched the B team almost religiously last season and that was in a higher division, and Gumbau has shown absolutely nothing to suggest he's worthy of a first team spot.

Home of Barca Fans