Gerard Piqué

jamrock

Don't like these discussions because it's hard to attribute what is down to Pique or Ronaldo and what isn't considering the 20 other players on the pitch. Was it Ronaldo's fault he didn't do anything or did he get no service, were Pique's teammates not covering him, etc.

So I think it makes more sense to look at their records over whole seasons in general, and there are many great attackers in PL that Virgil faced too.

Yet you said Ronaldo smoked pique plenty of times, which is definitely not true.

mc_lovin

Don't like these discussions because it's hard to attribute what is down to Pique or Ronaldo and what isn't considering the 20 other players on the pitch. Was it Ronaldo's fault he didn't do anything or did he get no service, were Pique's teammates not covering him, etc.

So I think it makes more sense to look at their records over whole seasons in general, and there are many great attackers in PL that Virgil faced too.

Fair enough, but Pique surely has been an absolute key player and performer . He's pretty much an all time great for Barcelona. It's not just coincidence (right time, right place)*. Like that guy tries to imply :lol:

Edit: *Thinking about it that would be Pedro, who I adore. Not Pique who's been genuinely world-class.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

Glad more people are seeing [MENTION=30154]Temptation[/MENTION] / [MENTION=29773]Rassvet[/MENTION] for the troll/inane poster that he is.

His only MO here is bigging up every non-Barca player and trolling our players/ex-players/managers/ex-managers. Obsessed with Barca :lol:

Temptation

Glad more people are seeing [MENTION=30154]Temptation[/MENTION] / [MENTION=29773]Rassvet[/MENTION] for the troll/inane poster that he is.

His only MO here is bigging up every non-Barca player and trolling our players/ex-players/managers/ex-managers. Obsessed with Barca :lol:

You seem to know a lot about what I exactly post and do. Are you that sad and jobless that you sit and analyze others' posting history?

Creepy obsession yikes. Not surprised though. Seen people call out your stalker-ish behavior before.

Rassvet

Kingleo needs to accept the fact that I want nothing to do with him and his constant personal jibes anymore. Seems like he realized his old attacks weren’t getting me to bite so has now resorted to constantly accusing temptation of being my alt in the hope of getting me to fight back.

Temptation

*Me referring to Romaldo as CR7*

2 or 3 forum trolls: That's a giveaway! He called him CR7! Oh my god only one person on the face of this Earth does that.

I'm sure the word stalker-ish was invented by this forum. 😂😂

Cringeeee

Andresito

Staff member
Wasn't Pique on a run this season of never being dribbled past? Could even be that he's still going.

Which CBs have been better than Pique the past 13 years [MENTION=30154]Temptation[/MENTION]?

Temptation

Wasn't Pique on a run this season of never being dribbled past? Could even be that he's still going.

Which CBs have been better than Pique the past 13 years [MENTION=30154]Temptation[/MENTION]?

Without including the Terry, Vidic generation:

VVD
Ramos
Thiago Silva
Chiellini
Godin

Some others on the same level as Pique and debateable.

Been a generally shite era for CBs

Temptation

Clearly you haven't seen Thiago Silva play.

He's been one of the best CBs since his Milan days.

Oh and he's still world class in 2022.

Godin is easily better at defending than Pique is. Chiellini is a warrior with amazing tactical awareness. Chiellini's versatility means he can even play at LB.

Last edited:

Temptation

Little OT but thoughts of Cannavaro here?

Personally, the best defender I have ever seen.

I rate Nesta a tad higher honestly due to his superior consistency. But Prime Cannavaro was amazing too. That amazing World Cup campaign he had!

He was so short for a CB but his natural leap and agility made up for his lack of height.

Cannavaro's low centre of gravity and swiftness helped him 1 on 1. His zonal marking was one of his biggest strengths.

Cannavaro was the better man marker; Nesta the better sweeper.

I think Cannavaro is a bit more aggressive and rash than Nesta who's more elegant and naturally gifted. Nesta also more of a leader since his Lazio days. Both compliment each other well.

Cannavaro's ball playing ability isn't talked about enough! One of the greatest CBs ever. Period.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans