Gerard Piqué

mc_lovin

The optics of this are terrible.

Would have been one thing if his business was outside of football, but nope... for me he shouldn't continue (even though he has been our best CB this season).

khaled_a_d

This is terrible, whether he is still playing or not, since as a businessman he is asking for a favour of his own club while being a broker for other deals.
Basically another club that will be playing in the Catalan group will be paying the price.

So it is bad in both ways, because it is bad PR, but also won't affect his status that much as a player.
Would love if I am wrong though, and he would retire because of it.

Barcilliant

This guy should never be president. He would finish what Barti started.
Knowing this clubs penchant for self destruction he will be elected.

Barcilliant

At no other club would a player wield such power. Look at how Perez reminds everyone who's boss. Ronaldo and Ramos were absolute legends and got shipped out. Meanwhile this fool has been a constant in all our European humiliations.

Messigician

🎙️| Rubiales on the audios with Pique: "I don't drink alcohol, I don't smoke. I've never drunk a beer. But I can't guarantee that tomorrow I won't get a sack of cocaine in the trunk." @carrusel

Lol

El Gato

Villarato!
At no other club would a player wield such power. Look at how Perez reminds everyone who's boss. Ronaldo and Ramos were absolute legends and got shipped out. Meanwhile this fool has been a constant in all our European humiliations.

TBH this I've heard from multiple people and I agree with part of it, in a sense Jammy says - in a normal football locker room, he'd be done for.

But Pique is such a fucking Sith in every way that he will no doubt find himself a spot in a club in some capacity. TBF to him he's an excellent orator and a much better one that Rubiales. If Xavi is a silvertongue, he's a goldentongue. After all he duped Shakira into thinking he's a normal human. It took Misterchip to cut through the bullshit he peppered the entire charade with trying to get some positive PR for himself out of it.

He will be either a high level official in the club getting rich, or he'll be some Catalan independence stooge.

Whichever it is, everyone should stay away from him at all times.

Porque

From these two exchanges you can see how selfish Pique is and only thinking of his own benefit.

The Saudi deal midseason where his company has a huge commission, but inconveniences the teams (though he got a big % for Barcelona).

Now this Andorra link where he wants to break the structure of the lower football divisions and inconvience 19 other clubs, many with tiny budgets to even travel from Andalucia to Andorra for 1 teams benefit.

Goes to show all the BS about leaving if he no longer has the required level is just that. This guy is all about his self preservation and keeping his position as a Barcelona player to make these deals. That De Ligt rumour suddenly looks more true.

Joan

Goes to show all the BS about leaving if he no longer has the required level is just that. This guy is all about his self preservation and keeping his position as a Barcelona player to make these deals. That De Ligt rumour suddenly looks more true.

Why do you think it's important for him to remain a Barcelona player for the deals? Certainly helped build his name in the world of football but he has many contacts now and is already closely tied to the club. Think he'd do fine if retired, even better than now.

What de Ligt rumours?

Porque

Why do you think it's important for him to remain a Barcelona player for the deals? Certainly helped build his name in the world of football but he has many contacts now and is already closely tied to the club. Think he'd do fine if retired, even better than now.

What de Ligt rumours?

Because it is a good base to leverage his company from. Being a Barcelona player compared to former Barcelona player, it makes him more marketable and gives more mileage to his deals.

But he is definitely reaching (reached?) the stage now that he doesn't need to be a player much longer. Having brokered the Davis Cup reform, the SuperCopa in Saudi, and the Kosmos shits in Port Aventura (I'm probably missing a few).

De Ligt rumour
https://as.com/futbol/2022/02/07/primera/1644226440_020624.html

Pique and De Ligt bumped into eachother on holiday in the Caribbean, when Barcelona were interested in signing De Ligt. The rumour is Pique told De Ligt not to come yet as he is still starting for the club.

Pique acknowledged they saw eachother but naturally denied that comment.

Joan

Because it is a good base to leverage his company from. Being a Barcelona player compared to former Barcelona player, it makes him more marketable and gives more mileage to his deals.

But he is definitely reaching (reached?) the stage now that he doesn't need to be a player much longer. Having brokered the Davis Cup reform, the SuperCopa in Saudi, and the Kosmos shits in Port Aventura (I'm probably missing a few).
I’m not sure. Might actually be the opposite. He has to hide his involvement due to potential conflict of interest when they concern competition Barca might take part in.

But yes, he’s already very well connected. Don’t know why he insists on staying, you might have a point.

De Ligt rumour
https://as.com/futbol/2022/02/07/primera/1644226440_020624.html

Pique and De Ligt bumped into eachother on holiday in the Caribbean, when Barcelona were interested in signing De Ligt. The rumour is Pique told De Ligt not to come yet as he is still starting for the club.

Pique acknowledged they saw eachother but naturally denied that comment.
Damn, Pique is the ultimate amigo. Sounds possible.

Home of Barca Fans