Gerard Piqué

jamrock

I'm just fucking with temp re Liverpool just to be clear, he keeps getting Liverpool involved in ground folks business.

JamDav1982

Messi, three mids, Alves all better than Pique would argue Masch was just as important if not more so when paired at CB.

That Barca side was so strong that Masch a 5ft 10 DM could excel at CB as could likes of Toure when asked to play there in CL final.

Gerrard was better player than Lampard. That one isnt particularly close either. See what those that played against them think of them and its Gerrard by a long way.

Lampard was like a second striker at times in one of best and most expensive put together sides in Europe. Gerrard was different class of player.

The difference of players is ability on the pitch not how many trophies they won. Whether that gap is big or small.

Temp is a troll that is still pissed off he cant troll about Liverpool winning CL really and trying to find other ways to get a reaction.

jamrock

Do I know that Gerrad is a more talented all around player than Lampard? yea, a bild man can see that.

But in my team I'm still taking Lampard, winning that consistently matters, it's not a fluke or luck to win on a consistent basis, some people just have what it takes to win others don't.

Maybe that's just the American in me.

Temptation

I wasn't the one who brought up Liverpool here. People were already talking about us. And Gerrard also dragged us to trophies despite playing with bang average players most of the time.

Funny that you ignore Gerrard has many clutch and iconic moments(even if you don't include the slip!)....Gerrard is a well known big game player and is recognized internationally more than in England where people are salty of his massive influence and talent. Absolute rolls Royce.

Gerrard is so complete that he could be a right back, DM, CM, CAM, RM, Second Striker and evidently shine in all of those roles. Proud to have watched his peak.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Do I know that Gerrad is a more talented all around player than Lampard? yea, a bild man can see that.

But in my team I'm still taking Lampard, winning that consistently matters, it's not a fluke or luck to win on a consistent basis, some people just have what it takes to win others don't.

Maybe that's just the American in me.

In argument as to who was better winning trophies doesnt matter as much as what both show on the pitch.

It is like Seedorf.. amazing European trophy cabinet and at different teams in different leagues.. but wouldnt have him up there with many all time greats that won less.

Lampard was in better team he wasnt any more a winner or had what more of it takes to help win than Gerrard.

It is like Pedro/Ronaldinho argument.. it matters the team you have around you and coach in stands as to how much any one player can influence a team.

jamrock

Was watching ESPN FC the other day (not that great) I don't remember the exact question that was asked but they all pretty much agreed Liverpool winning that CL final was one of the greatest sporting moments on recent years but also one of the biggest flukes lol.

I agree with that take tbh, shit was epic to watch but a massive fluke also, play that game 10 more times it likely doesn't happen again.

Temptation

Was watching ESPN FC the other day (not that great) I don't remember the exact question that was asked but they all pretty much agreed Liverpool winning that CL final was one of the greatest sporting moments on recent years but also one of the biggest flukes lol.

I agree with that take tbh, shit was epic to watch but a massive fluke also, play that game 10 more times it likely doesn't happen again.

It's a massive fluke. But 2 people made it happen. Gerrard and Dudek. Iconic performance by Stevie G against THAT Milan.

JamDav1982

Gerrard was best player on the park by a distance and to take that Liverpool team to CL was unreal. He carried them big time and not just in the final.

Lampards one CL with a better side was arguably a bigger fluke win for him considering his influence and way they went through ties.

Temptation

Also, ESPN FC is widely considered as a joke

Steve Nicol, Craig Burley and that Moreno(the biggest joke) dude...... Don't bring ESPN FC up. :lol:

jamrock

In argument as to who was better winning trophies doesnt matter as much as what both show on the pitch.

It is like Seedorf.. amazing European trophy cabinet and at different teams in different leagues.. but wouldnt have him up there with many all time greats that won less.

Lampard was in better team he wasnt any more a winner or had what more of it takes to help win than Gerrard.

It is like Pedro/Ronaldinho argument.. it matters the team you have around you and coach in stands as to how much any one player can influence a team.

Brandy is the goat because he wins, not because of the talent he shows on the pitch, many more talented that have also won, But when you returning winning into a habit it's something special.

Again just a difference in how I see the game, my Americaness plays a big part it that.

If we scouting and I see Gerrard & VVD I'm taking them over Pique & Lampard, I'd also take Rogers over brandy.

But in retrospect, the winning has to play apart.

But just a difference in how I see certain things, fair points to anyone who will do with the talent.

JamDav1982

Also, ESPN FC is widely considered as a joke

Steve Nicol, Craig Burley and that Moreno(the biggest joke) dude...... Don't bring ESPN FC up. :lol:

Yeah they speak some amount of utter garbage.

It is like tabloid talk and trying to be funniest to get a headline rather than actually discussing football half the time.

Some of the shit they come out with and lack of basic knowledge would not get away with on any serious football discussion programme.

jamrock

Gerrard was best player on the park by a distance and to take that Liverpool team to CL was unreal. He carried them big time and not just in the final.

Lampards one CL with a better side was arguably a bigger fluke win for him considering his influence and way they went through ties.

True re gerrards performances.

He also throw away the league title with that slip though so minus .5 for that

Home of Barca Fans