Gerard Piqué

El Gato

Villarato!
So let me get this straight - Puyol is out for Supercup, Pique has done something during a friendly, Barca have no proper CB and hoping for Busi/Masch-Abidal connection to work in the middle in case Pique doesn't recover.

That's something man.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
So let me get this straight - Puyol is out for Supercup, Pique has done something during a friendly, Barca have no proper CB and hoping for Busi/Masch-Abidal connection to work in the middle in case Pique doesn't recover.

That's something man.

Yeah but CESC IS COMING HOME!!!!!!!

F

Flavia

Yeah but CESC IS COMING HOME!!!!!!!
Haha. That could give a confidence boost to the players, but we are doomed for this game. The good thing is that the need of a cb will be clear, and then maybe we'll get someone.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Haha. That could give a confidence boost to the players, but we are doomed for this game. The good thing is that the need of a cb will be clear, and then maybe we'll get someone.

That's a good way to look at it. I really don't care about the Supercup, it's always painful to lose to Madrid but it's better now than later. Either one of the kids will step up and be a hero, or the club will wake up that the defense is woefully thin, and Puyol and Abidal are a year older.

What's more worrying is that Pique still has yet to reach his 2009 form. Without Puyol he makes more brain farts than Rafa.

Co0ter

I posted in another thread that I thought a CB would be a good idea. Honestly Abidal is still doing well but he's starting to get real old like Puyol. Adriano has been great, we can depend on him imo but we'll still need a solid DEFENSIVE LB for the future. Regardless I think we need a CB, one preferably that can play as a LB as well. Puyol will be the perfect experienced rotation CB for us, even as he ages...but his age and injures aren't going to let him compete day in and day out with Barcelona's schedule.

The only problem is- I have no idea what CB we'd sign. David Luiz was a great talent but he's gone and there is no way Milan will let Thiago Silva (perfect for us) go for anything but a ridiculous sum. I'd prefer to get a younger but not too young (21-24) experienced CB. I've honestly never watched Sakho play but from what I've heard he's the real deal. Unfortunately we weren't interested or able to get him...and now with PSG's new owners that is even more unlikely.

If we had to splash cash on a QUALITY CB, who would you choose other than the choices I listed?!

E

estranged

hey yeah great work pep, let's not get anyone to replace pique even though there is nobody in the squad that could cover, but let's spend all our energy all little merc cescy wescy even though we produce more CMs from our cantera than rabbits produce babies. solid work, solid planning everyone! all this rubbish about transitioning the midfield, and uncoating wenger's negativity, and all this can take a hike. we NEED cover for pique because we are finished if he gets injured, as i've been saying for weeks.

"oh no we have busi he is superman he can play anything he can even play keeper" screw that!

What does this have to do with Pep's transfer policies? Look man, criticise pep when you go and with 2 champions leagues and 3 la ligas. Seriously, every post of yours bashes Pep, if you hate him so much go and support his arch nemesis then. And if you hate cesc so much then why did you used to say we should buy him? It's only a fucking supercup so people need to chill out, I don't give a shit if we lose 10-0 but we must have the squad ready for the start of Liga. Anyways, his injury didn't look too serious, I think he was just being careful.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
What does this have to do with Pep's transfer policies? Look man, criticise pep when you go and with 2 champions leagues and 3 la ligas. Seriously, every post of yours bashes Pep, if you hate him so much go and support his arch nemesis then. And if you hate cesc so much then why did you used to say we should buy him? It's only a fucking supercup so people need to chill out, I don't give a shit if we lose 10-0 but we must have the squad ready for the start of Liga. Anyways, his injury didn't look too serious, I think he was just being careful.

QRcNLoiSxXjsp1.gif

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
We have to sign a defender... Pique now has to play most of the matches for us and I think he'll be started for every match of Spain as well because Albiol fucks up every time he plays. Last thing we'd want is to Pique to get burned and over worked. We HAVE to sign a defender

I'd prefer a LB, and Abi permanently shifted to centre, so in two years time it would be easy to integrate the up and coming youngsters at centre back position into the first team
But I won't be too much bothered if we bought a CB too.

It'd be too much of a risk to leave the defence as it is

adil_909

what is with everyone getting all defensive every time someone utters a word of disapproval against something pep does. is pep God?? is criticizing him tantamount to blasphemy punishable by death? this might come as a shock to some but newsflash...PEP MAKES MISTAKES!! i'm sure we all remember the big nosed rock he signed, would love to hear how that was other than a huge blunder. so don't give me this bullshit that pep can't screw up and we are not allowed to question/criticize him. i have said all along, number 1 priority is a defender because our defense is thin, busquets sucks ass at CB, and puyol and abidal are getting older. we have no cover for pique. if we want to get fifa 12 superstars like cesc and sanchez then well and good, but first fix the defense then we can waste money we don't have on other flashy players. i think it will be a huge mistake to not sign a replacement CB before the year starts, and i'm glad others are seeing this as well. as far as those that continue to believe pep is infallible, why do you guys bother coming on here then what's the point of discussing anything if all your points end up being "well if pep does it i'm all for it!"

Home of Barca Fans