Gerard Piqué

abual3bed1

His red card was fair, but like Tito said, there would've been more red cards if Mallenco whistled on some of the same fouls Geri did.

Barca8

Yeah I don't understand the Pique hate. It wasn't his fault. He should have been more careful sure seeing how this ref was really involved in the match. But he was concentrating on the match and didn't pull his leg out of the way. It happens.

Stric

His second yellow was, his first wasn't.

And yes, with so many such fouls being overlooked, you can easily go ahead and think yours will be overlooked, as well. There's no way he could've known.

Eh, refs make mistakes, we gotta deal with it. I don't follow the rest of La Liga, but I hear La Liga refs are particularly shitty. Let's not start blaming refs for all our losses and crying conspiracy like the chelsea/real madrid fans :p

Stric

I don't think he is to blame for the defeat, though. If anyone is, then it's probably Alves, Mascherano, Valdes... the defeat didn't have much to do with us being a man down. It had to do with our players being out of position and Valdes... well, being Valdes.

I don't think anyone should be blamed individually, except maybe Mascherano and Valdes. Maybe Alves, but he did get an assist. The whole team had a bad game. Hope the worst is behind us.

Garrus

It's like a domino, Pique was the first one to fall and the others followed him, The fact that tito mentioned in front of the press that he warned pique about making another mistake, Shows that tito isn't happy about him, And it wasn't a last ditch tackle to save us from conceding a goal, Just a cheaply given foul, I feel it was an irresponsible behavior from pique after tito already warning him

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
His second yellow was, his first wasn't.

And yes, with so many such fouls being overlooked, you can easily go ahead and think yours will be overlooked, as well. There's no way he could've known.

No, the first was most definitely correct. He tried to prevent them from taking a quick freekick. He could've even been sent off for complaining.

Other players who were close to being sent off were Iniesta and Busquets.

Stric

Pique is not an idiot. He knows what he's allowed to do and what he isn't. He wasn't preventing them from taking the free kick, he was just standing very close. If you want to just quickly kick the ball and carry on with the game, you don't have to wait for the whistle, and the opposing players can stand anywhere they like. That's what Pique was doing.

Again, I'm not saying he did nothing wrong, he definitely could have handled both situations much better. And regardless of why he got the first yellow, he should have been more careful knowing that he already has one.

Last edited:
P

PhilS

Well, it really was Pique's fault. When you get a yellow, you have to avoid the second. Getting a red with that much of the game left can certainly lead to defeat like today.

Pique is having a great year. It's a high blame position, and he does get the blame today.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I hope he apologised to the team for his stupidity.
I'd say Tito has to talk to him but then I remember Pep already tried (that private dinner) and it bare no fruit.

When he's focused he's among the best but I'm afraid things went downhill ever since he met Shakira.

Home of Barca Fans