Gerard Piqué

M

Messi+Eto

Honestly, he wasn't THIS bad 2 seasons ago. What the hell happened? He throws himself down "like a sack of potato" (quoting somebody from the forum) 3 seconds before the attacker makes his move, he is painfully slow, no reflexes etc etc etc.

F.A.M.E happened.

Indignado

Bartra would be better for La Roja, but knowing Del Bosque he'll stick to the usual players even if they score 6 own goals per game

CatalinR10

With the renewal of Iniesta well-underway, Barcelona want to start renewal talks with centre back Gerard Pique (26) in the coming weeks [md]

476.gif

Cule4life

The Culest
Though clubs like Chelsea and Madrid are not role models for any club, one thing i like about them is that players are constantly under threat for their spot. They have to work extremely hard and give good performances week in week out to play regularly. A guy like Pique would have been out the door there long ago. Though i am not propagating that players be benched after one bad performance, our club would do well to incorporate some tough practices form other clubs to prevent breeding of mediocrity, laziness and no fear for one's spot.

Meitux

Though clubs like Chelsea and Madrid are not role models for any club, one thing i like about them is that players are constantly under threat for their spot. They have to work extremely hard and give good performances week in week out to play regularly. A guy like Pique would have been out the door there long ago. Though i am not propagating that players be benched after one bad performance, our club would do well to incorporate some tough practices form other clubs to prevent breeding of mediocrity, laziness and no fear for one's spot.
Well it's different situations, it has to do right now with the fact that there isn't serious competition around for his place even thought Bartra performs well i wouldn't overreact, he just needs to continue this way and improving but it's still early for him. Second thing it has to do with the fake reputation that Pique has built through the years that he's ''one of the best CB's in the world'' but saying he wasn't exposed many times back in there cause we defended generally better with the pressing and winning the ball back quickly, he was never that good people though back in time and right now because of that fake image and playing even worse that he generally is it's normal for everybody to judge him so hard because they have big expectations from him that they shouldn't because simply he's not THAT good to do it. And third with the image that he's a ''La Masia product'' so they will always believe in him..

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans