Gerard Piqué

Meitux

One game doesnt change months of great performances.
He was never that great as you probably think this season, he was decent and with some glimpses of great moments. Just people on this forum tend to overreact too much. Today was a bad performance let's look that.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Am I the only one who thought he was one of our better players? He was left completely isolated on so many occasions and still managed to win the ball quite a bit, I feel like he was let down by the rest of the defense and put in situations he had no chance of winning.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Am I the only one who thought he was one of our better players? He was left completely isolated on so many occasions and still managed to win the ball quite a bit, I feel like he was let down by the rest of the defense and put in situations he had no chance of winning.

In most scenarios, yes. However he did have 2 or 3 really bad moments like getting caught out for one of the goals and being outpaced on a counter with ease.

Antimadridista1

Wow... What a WORLD CLASS defender... There's no defender in the world who's in a better form than Pique. Are you guys kidding me ?
This guy is a goat and he will always be one.

UberNjufer

well playing along alves and masherano in defence isnt doing him any good,.He's our only defender higher than 1,50

Paganinisrvnge

Started off well and then had a few mess-ups. I still think he has been in great form. Not sure why some people claim to be Barcelona fans then just talk shit about every player. If anyone was bad today, it was Alba.

Galning

Definitely. All in all not a good performance by Piqué but he was one of our best players.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
In most scenarios, yes. However he did have 2 or 3 really bad moments like getting caught out for one of the goals and being outpaced on a counter with ease.

Pique did get caught out on the second goal, but to be fair so did the rest of the team and Valencia were aided by a pair of really lucky deflections that caught everyone completely off-guard. As for being outpaced, I'm not really sure what he was supposed to do about that... He recovered well and ended up winning the ball (or Mascherano did, I don't remember), what more could you ask of him?

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Pique did get caught out on the second goal, but to be fair so did the rest of the team and Valencia were aided by a pair of really lucky deflections that caught everyone completely off-guard. As for being outpaced, I'm not really sure what he was supposed to do about that... He recovered well and ended up winning the ball (or Mascherano did, I don't remember), what more could you ask of him?

I'm not singling Pique out since he did nothing worse than anyone else, but if we want to critique the performance by how "good" he did in those scenarios then it doesn't come out well. He was positioned well most of the game but getting caught out was discouraging even if it wasn't just him. The outpacing thing I can't blame directly, but he could've shielded and obstructed the player as he ran to slow him down rather than just chasing the ball.

Overall our best defender and with the way the team performed, you can't really be mad at him. However that excuses him, it doesn't make the performance "good".

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Alright, I understand what you're saying, I think two or three mistakes isn't enough to discredit a player from a good performance, and I personally feel that he did have a good game despite the three goals, but "good" is subjective so each to their own. He was relatively good though, and that's all I was trying to say (mostly addressing all the people who were like "haha best center back in the world hahaha I'm so clever I said something he's not I should be a comedian hahaha")

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
No one in the back was good. All 4 defenders, Busi and Valdes were poor today. Pique might have been the better of the lot, but that's not saying much at all. Just a total meltdown in all aspects by the defense today.

Gohan

Super Saiyan
Pique first bad game in weeks, this is to blame

BfZ7tdGIYAAq6Mh.jpg

Home of Barca Fans