Gerard Piqué

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
I don't think he actually meant to tackle Dezko but in reality it looked liked he slipped while turning and the big and mighty Dezko went down as soon as he felt contact

Neymessi

I never thought at the start of the season that pique would be so reliable against big teams.He has been a beast in big matches but in the dzeko penalty incident,pique was dribbled with so much ease.A player should not be beaten so easily as he did.

CatalinR10

Tw Shakira: "To quarter-finals!!!

BijtxFmCAAAXe8G.jpg

He's getting his waka waka tonight

Official: Pique has an ankle injury and is not available for tomorrow's game against Osasuna #fcblive

As expected

:tito:

Moe

powered by;
As I was reading Alex Fergusons autobiography I came across this very interesting paragraph where he was talking about Pique

They had four world-class players: Pique, the two centre-midfield players (Xavi and Iniesta) and Messi. Pique was without a doubt the most underrated player in their team. He is a great player. We knew that when he was a youngster player with us. At a European conference, Guardiola told me he was the best signing they had made. He created the tempo, the accuracy, the confidence and the penetration from that deep position.

It made me think of how we're not giving him enough credit. There's probably a reason why he's a definite starter and an untouchable player for all of our previous managers (the great Guardiola, Vilanova and Martino) and probably why we're building our defence around him and looking for players who can compliment him.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Pique has been very good this season IMO, especially in the high profile matches. Yes he has not been able to be the leader of the defence, but not all players can do that.

The problem with Pique is that he could be inconsistent sometimes and when he is bad.... he is REALLY, REALLY BAD.

Pepe Silvia

He's way better than decent. He's very good, but he does require a CB partner with a certain profile to pair up with. He will never be a leader so if that's what some people hold against him, fair enough, but in my opinion we don't need him to be, we just need a leader next to him.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Pique's a good defender. No CB can perform well when so exposed, literally none (Kompany/Ramos/Koscielny getting red cards, Puyol doing splits, even Silva can't stop everyone). He does have some glaring flaws like being a lump of shit in 1v1's and not being imposing enough at times but other than that I'd definitely keep him as a starter.

F

FCBblaug

Pique's a good defender. No CB can perform well when so exposed, literally none (Kompany/Ramos/Koscielny getting red cards, Puyol doing splits, even Silva can't stop everyone). He does have some glaring flaws like being a lump of shit in 1v1's and not being imposing enough at times but other than that I'd definitely keep him as a starter.

So you think that pique does bad because he is exposed?
:VdB:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
So you think that pique does bad because he is exposed?
:VdB:

No he does bad because he's shielded by our midfield like most other CB's :lol:

I guess it's just a coincidence then that his good form coincides with times when our defensive system isn't haywire. But of course, I'm assuming that in your world the test of a truly good CB is whether or not he can win every 2v4 counterattack while doing backflip tackles and telekinesis interceptions.

F

FCBblaug

No he does bad because he's shielded by our midfield like most other CB's :lol:

I guess it's just a coincidence then that his good form coincides with times when our defensive system isn't haywire. But of course, I'm assuming that in your world the test of a truly good CB is whether or not he can win every 2v4 counterattack while doing backflip tackles and telekinesis interceptions.

Pique makes way too many individual errors for a normal CB, that even if you shield him with 6 defensive midfielders he would still make and cause us to concede goals

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Pique makes way too many individual errors for a normal CB, that even if you shield him with 6 defensive midfielders he would still make and cause us to concede goals

Since when? I don't think you understand how a defense works in reality. When our system was organized and we had pressing + a fit Puyol/Abidal, our backline wasn't spread too thin and Pique performed well. Even early on this season when Tata got us pressing again, Pique performed very well. You can only ask a defender to perform if he's in a stable environment to do so. Right now he has non-defender Alves on his right, Alba also not being a great defensive fullback, Busquets in dire defensive form, Mascherano who runs up to tackle anything, and the entire team not pressing like they should for our high line.

Pique is by no means the perfect CB, but to crucify him for errors caused by a fragile defensive system is misguided. When Man City's defensive system breaks down, Kompany becomes clueless and makes plenty of errors. Same for Ramos/Pepe at Madrid, Koscielny at Arsenal, even sometimes Dante for Bayern. It's basic common sense here. Pique's struggled with inconsistency too much to be called world class, but if he was in a proper environment he'd do well and his flaws would be minimized.

BarcaGirl

Pique and Shakira, at the presentation of her new album tonight ...such a gorgeous couple

pretty good album too ...her song about pique is a little bit chessy :p but but it's cute nonetheless especially the ending where you hear milan

Home of Barca Fans