Gerard Piqué

Pepe Silvia

Messi is far from a leader. His general body language is that of a mopey, weird guy. Doesn't have the charisma or commanding presence of a leader. Love Messi to death, but that's just my observation on the matter.

To be fair, Iniesta, Busquets I feel the same about in terms of leadership qualities. They are anonymous. Pique… ummm that's different. He COULD be that guy if he played up to his potential and was always 'Puyol' fired up, but he is too inconsistent in that regard. I'd love it if he turned it up and became that guy though.

E

El_e8

Wish I could find PSG - Barca gamethread, would quote everyone who said Messi should be our next captain.

gBXL85an.gif

Last edited:
L

linetty

I agree he isn't the ideal captain but still the best in our team after Puyol's and Xavi's retirement.

R

RandomGuy80

I agree he isn't the ideal captain but still the best in our team after Puyol's and Xavi's retirement.

Are you not forgetting Iniesta?..I think he would be a better captain for barca than Messi..

R

RandomGuy80

Too shy. Too nice. Won't work.

If Iniesta is too shy, what is Messi then?..the way he walks around the pitch, chilling with his head down is also not a sign of confidence and wont motivate his teammates..actually the captain order in barca is 1.puyol 2.valdes/xavi 3.iniesta 4.messi..so i think iniesta will be automatically captain after puyol and xavi retire..

I

instinct

''After the game, Barcelona's 'ultras', the Boixos Nois, tried to attack Piqué by throwing a coin at him which didn't touch him''

What?! This is so stupid. He does not deserve this

Home of Barca Fans