Gerard Piqué

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Might have been the best defensive performance of the season considering the circumstances, even though he and also Mascherano especially has had other immense games too this season.

DonAK

Legend

CjGS6n9XEAA_ipV.jpg:large

Maybe it's just me but I saw a different Pique this season. He seemed to be more of a leader to me. I wonder if it lit a fire in him at the beginning of the season not being named a captain when Xavi left. Maybe Lucho told him behind closed doors, "if you wanna be a captain show me you're capable of being one."

He still does some things off the field you may not want your captain to do, but on the pitch at least this season he was Puyol-esque. At least for me.

Catalan Fan

Maybe it's just me but I saw a different Pique this season. He seemed to be more of a leader to me. I wonder if it lit a fire in him at the beginning of the season not being named a captain when Xavi left. Maybe Lucho told him behind closed doors, "if you wanna be a captain show me you're capable of being one."

He still does some things off the field you may not want your captain to do, but on the pitch at least this season he was Puyol-esque. At least for me.

I agree he had a bloody good game and he certainly stepped up after Masche got carded.But the team leader has been Masche all season, he's the nearest we have to Puyi, not Pique.Again, it's just my opinion.

DonAK

While Masche might be the more vocal leader, Pique is brutally underrated in that aspect that's it's borderline sad.

Home of Barca Fans