Gerard Piqué

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We're ONLY four official games into the new season. He was great last season.

This is what I really hate these days.

Goldfish memories.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Needs to wake the fuck up. So damn nervous when he does that backing off BS against pacy players running at him 1v1. Looks like an amateur. He also got freaking owned by that Real Madrid reject who was just a good finish away from giving Alaves the lead.

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
Has he lost his legs? I haven't seen Pique been beaten like that ever before. He seems to be losing his speed or something. That slow-mo just made it worse.

Ronaldinho10

Has he lost his legs? I haven't seen Pique been beaten like that ever before. He seems to be losing his speed or something. That slow-mo just made it worse.

Something is defenatly up with Pique not use to seeing him so hesitant like that. Fucking alaves strikers are beating him with ease leaving him dead behind after only a few steps it seems he lost his speed and confidence.. maybe we should of bought a CB after all.

Truthist

He never had speed and he's ok as long as he isn't exposed. Once the team is set up better he will be fine but you really can't isolate him against pacy attackers or we are asking for trouble.

Last edited:

Neeraj

Yeah, but see that's the thing. If you're constantly being embarrassed in 1v1, you can't just say 'the team isn't being set up right'. Sure, 1v1 shouldn't ideally happen, but it's football and stuff happens. You need your main CB to be a fortress and challenge the striker to get past him; but with Pique, it seems like pretty much any Sunday league striker waltzes past him.

He's always had a bit of an issue in these situations, but it's a bit exaggerated at the moment. Hopefully he does something about it, because if your only hope is to never have Pique exposed 1v1, that's wishful thinking.

Home of Barca Fans