Gerard Piqué

vlad

Since triplete with lucho, pique is unusualy quiet on his twitter account, whats wrong? No more material for mocking real? What about he starts to point fingers at barca's current board? He will get support from every fan out there, would be more productive then trolling real.

Truthist

Maybe he needs to look at improving his own performances than spending too much time on Twitter.

We have Varane on one side who has Suarez in his pocket because Suarez knows he has no chance against him 1v1 duels and then this clown on our side who is terrified of facing anyone in a 1v1.

Hilariously, some people put him amongst the top few CBs in the world, no where near!

Suarez is not a take on kind of player. He thrives playing rough and physical which I think Barca needs.

It's just lately he has been wasting quality chances.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
He was one of the best centerbacks in the world for the past few seasons. However, he's started this season off like a nightmare. Opportunist individuals who crawl out from the depths to use these two games to fire off on our players who have proved their merit need to shut the fuck up.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Barca fan since I've known football. I have no favourites in the teams, how can anyone defend these 2 unless they are biased.

I never said you were a fake fan.

I just don't see how you can criticize Pique and Busquets for looking poor, when:

A) The whole team was poor
B) They still performed well last season and for Spain

And I don't remember you or many others criticizing them for lack of pace or not being good at 1v1s when they and the team were playing well.

Hence why I believe that you're just capitalizing on this opportunity to slag off on players within the squad that you are biased against.

Pique and Busquet always had problems defending against elite forwards like Asensio. They were hidden and protected well on team with significantly superior possession.

I have a hunch it will become clear who needs to shut the fuck up next time Pique or Busquet tries to defend someone like Asensio, Neymar, Dybala.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Asensio...elite forward. Uffff.

And no, if the team doesn't function as a defensive unit, which we don't at the moment, then you can't blame it all on the players. A proper team masks its players' shortcomings and amplifies their strengths. "The whole is greater than the sum of its parts" and all that. Right now, we are NOT a playing as a proper team.

Madrid has been a proper team for the last 2 season and now. They do not have too many players whose weaknesses that they need to mask.

Only weakness I see right away is the defensive effort by BBC. Then again, Madrid is so loaded they can afford to play BBC as subs.

Barca on other hand has to protect:

1. PK from having 1 on 1 against a speedy forward who can also shoot from far.
2. Busquet from chasing anyone with speed.
etc

Last edited:

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
We haven't been a proper team since 2015/16 ended. We've been dysfunctional as hell, relying on individual brilliance to achieve anything at all.

Truthist

I never said you were a fake fan.

I just don't see how you can criticize Pique and Busquets for looking poor, when:

A) The whole team was poor
B) They still performed well last season and for Spain

And I don't remember you or many others criticizing them for lack of pace or not being good at 1v1s when they and the team were playing well.

Hence why I believe that you're just capitalizing on this opportunity to slag off on players within the squad that you are biased against.

So if we can't criticise Pique and Busquets what business do we have criticising Gomes and Rakitik, supposedly inferior players. Perhaps the dysfunctional team is making them worse than what they are.

I must admit I do criticise Pique and Busquets BUT it's only because I don't see the hype. They both have a certain set of skills but they require protecting all the time, once they are isolated it's a complete mismatch.

Oh and the dummy Busquets regularly does on his own penalty area against opposition attackers followed by a dive to win a free kick when they don't fall for it sums him up. People call him the boss for sh1t like that.

booge

Pique: This is the first time I've felt inferior to Real Madrid
FourFourTwo-4 hours ago
Gerard Pique painfully admitted Real Madrid are superior to Barcelona following their Supercopa de Espana triumph.

Home of Barca Fans