Gerard Piqué

clemente

Dont think likes of Thiago would choose to play for Catalunya.

From the players mentioned it would be miles away from quality of Spanish team.

I know Spain would better, but Spain would have a lot of replacements to do, like Bernat isnt as good as Alba, and I don't even know who would replace Busquets.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Let's try

Pau Lopez

Bellerin Pique Bartra Alba

Roberto Busquets Cesc

Tello ? Deulofeu

Not that great tbh

Casilla(masip)-bellerin-pique-bartra-alba-roberto-thiago-cesc-busquets-deulofeu-keita balde. Montoya, amat, pol lirola, samper, krkic, aleix vidal. 😊

i_bleed_blaugrana

It's good, almost as good as Spains, just taking Busquets from them already drops that team quality massively. The Spain - Catalunya match would be bloody.

I love Busquets. I think overall he is arguably the most underrated player in Europe and for me, easily by some margin the best DM in the world, talk all you like about Kante but Busi has categorically superior technique. Busi uses his vision and positioning so he doesn't have to do all the running Kante does and is equally as dominant defensively.

All that being said, Spain wouldn't have a massive drop in quality and are still well beyond Catalunya. Spain has Iborra, Javi Martinez, Bruno and even Ander Herrera and Koke who could play DM and while not as good as Busi, at least have a very slight drop in standard. It's not nearly as large as you make it out to be.

If they were to become independent, Catalunya would be a lot like Croatia: a very strong starting 11 with world class players but simply not deep enough across the field and on the bench to win a major international tournament (WC/Euro).

Last edited:

Nothanks

-------------Pau Lopez
bellerin---Pique-----Bartra----alba
-------------busquets
---s. roberto----------Cesc
--aleix vidal---Bojan------deulofeu

aint terrible but prob worse off than spain no?

Antigun

All Catalans and Barcelona players in the Spanish national team should just withdraw from the team as a form of protest against the abusive fans, and as solidarity with Pique.

Give those fans a message. "So you have a problem against a Catalan who spoke his mind? Well F you, no more Catalans for the national team."

Home of Barca Fans