Gerard Piqué

Zuti

Pique is great example of an hypocrite, talking how much he is proud to be Catalan, voting for indenpendce while he is playing for spain, helping them winning titles and also celebrating them

Yeah, things aren't that black and white as you make them out to be. Also, noone knows how he actually voted, may as well just drawn a silly face on that piece of paper making it an invalid vote.

Raketa10

Pique is great example of an hypocrite, talking how much he is proud to be Catalan, voting for indenpendce while he is playing for spain, helping them winning titles and also celebrating them

We have numerous similar examples in football: Yugoslavia, USSR etc.
According to you Boban, Prosinecki, Suker, Jarni, Stimac, Katanec etc. were hypocrites since they were playing for Yugoslavia while Croatia and Slovenia were still part of the SFRJ. This statement just isn't fair.

Last edited:

Gaudi

I don't see him as a hypocrite, he never talked bad about Spain, he just talked nice about Catalonia...it's not like he played for something he trashed all the time.

JamDav1982

Sound more like you just understand the situation really.

Can relate to it from Scottish/British political situation and plenty of people who would favour independence will represent Britain in sport if that is thr intl body and try to win. Doesnt make anyone a hypocrite.

Even then the situation is not as clear cut as you make out. I would consider myself Scottish before British but didnt vote for independence as dont think it is the best thing for the country.

It is nowhere near as black and white as you are making out.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
No one knows what Pique voted for. Previously he's had opinions sounding like anti-independence, but now no one knows.

He's only supporting the referendum and people's right to vote, freedom of expression.

gatsu

Firstly, You don't know what he voted for. It's possible to be a proud Catalan and not be in favour of independence.
Secondly, he doesn't consider playing for Spain a patriotic act. Just like players like Diego Costa who change nationalities to be able to play football, it isn't an act of patriotism.

Nonsens.

Devils

Spanish national team cancelled training after 20 minutes. Apparently people were throwing objects, jeering and cursing (aimed at Pique).

JamDav1982

If Catalunya were independent as of now. What would be the line up?

I know there is a Catalan team but they dont all always play.

clemente

It's good, almost as good as Spains, just taking Busquets from them already drops that team quality massively. The Spain - Catalunya match would be bloody.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It's good, almost as good as Spains, just taking Busquets from them already drops that team quality massively. The Spain - Catalunya match would be bloody.

Seriously? I thought the Catalan national team was made up of a bunch of less-known players plus our Bob. You can throw in Busquets and Cesc and Pique. Who else?

Don't think they are on the same level as Spain at all.

Last edited:

clemente

Seriously? I thought the Catalan national team was made up of a bunch of less-known players plus our Bob. You can throw in Busquets and Cesc and Pique. Who else?

Don't think they are on the same level as Spain at all.

Bartra Bellerin Alba Roberto Deulofeu Thiago

Home of Barca Fans