Gerard Piqué

EdmondDantes

I thought Gerard was excellent last night, all things considered. His assertiveness also ensured us all 3 points with the way he called for VAR when we conceded that last minute header. I had no idea it was offside even after watching the replays.

Barcilliant

I thought Gerard was excellent last night, all things considered. His assertiveness also ensured us all 3 points with the way he called for VAR when we conceded that last minute header. I had no idea it was offside even after watching the replays.

Are the players allowed to call for VAR?

I want VAR but I have to admit it kills some of the excitement in football. The opposition player scores, goes crazy and takes his shirt off. Fans go wild and then the goal is disallowed.

Pretty sure this will be Piques last season.

Our senior core are really beginning to look ragged and shop worn. It doesn't help that we have a shit manager.

EdmondDantes

I've no idea. All I know was that goal was given and we were on the brink of dropping 2 points with 30 seconds left on the clock to try and score. And then Pique promptly gave the ref an earful and after a VAR review we got our lead back.

I hate it too, I hated it in the World Cup. It completely kills any spontaneity the game has left but if it's in place, we may as well be prudent and use it.

FinBarcelonafan

People say VAR is less drama. How is that possible? Now we got the most exciting ending.. Valladolid scores last minute and they feel like they won and we lost, few minutes later game changes and it's not a goal after all. It's very dramatic ending and it's justice as well. Especially we as Barca fans should be very happy about VAR. Finally they will be able to catch Ronaldo offside goals and bullshit red cards for opponents. This is great!

gasgas

People say VAR is less drama. How is that possible? Now we got the most exciting ending.. Valladolid scores last minute and they feel like they won and we lost, few minutes later game changes and it's not a goal after all. It's very dramatic ending and it's justice as well. Especially we as Barca fans should be very happy about VAR. Finally they will be able to catch Ronaldo offside goals and bullshit red cards for opponents. This is great!

Ronaldo does not play in la liga

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
I've no idea. All I know was that goal was given and we were on the brink of dropping 2 points with 30 seconds left on the clock to try and score. And then Pique promptly gave the ref an earful and after a VAR review we got our lead back.

I hate it too, I hated it in the World Cup. It completely kills any spontaneity the game has left but if it's in place, we may as well be prudent and use it.

I has nothing to do with the players. If an offside goal is allowed, the video ref will give the ref a signal to overturn the decision. It was obviously not because Pique complained.

soul24rage

I'm sorry but after Messi's disallowed goal vs Atletico in the 13-14 season that should have won us the title, I'm all for VAR. It needs a lot of finetuning and it really does kill off the excitement whenever a goal is scored, but I will always prefer correct decisions over that.

Hardy

Looks more a parody of a player on these days, basically exposed in almost all chances Valladolid had in the whole match.

Stric

I don't see how VAR can be anything but positive.

Also, I get criticizing players and all that, but any talk about any of our players being fat is just silly. Pique is not fat. Neither was Messi, at any point. In the video, Pique rested his hands on his hips, which stretched the front of his shirt, making the stripes look like there was a bulge underneath.

Home of Barca Fans