Gerard Piqué

BBZ8800

after these stupid statements, it's clear that pique is a huge part of the problem, needs to be gone after this season.

Pique has a contract until 2022'
Busquets has a contract until 2023'

They have very high wages.
No one would buy them.
No one would pay a transfer fee for them.
No one would give them those wages.

So, basically, they will:
1. stay until 2022 or 2023
2. or if they decide to leave a club on their own (why would they give up from massive wages?)
3. or if a club will fire them and pay them remaining of their contract (why would we do that? It is better to keep them in a team as subs for that money)

Lord Barto and his long term planning :bartomeu:
Imagine now even getting Neymar on a 5-year deal and have Neymar-Pique-Busi-Messi until let's say 2024 or 2025 :lol:

LMTR14

maybe we can sell the stadium name or something? anything to get rid of the tired complacent old farts. but realistically just not buying neymar should be enough money to pay out pique and co

rakitic is the perfect example of a deadweight stinking up the place, and I bet pique has a lot more weight in the dressing room. keeping him as a sub is certainly not something he would agree with, so it's not feasible

michelco

Just admitted in an interview that he barely sleeps 4 to 5 hours a night due to him being so busy with being a business man. He says the club understands

KingLeo10

Just admitted in an interview that he barely sleeps 4 to 5 hours a night due to him being so busy with being a business man. He says the club understands

Can you link us to the interview?

So I can be sure before I send in the pack of wolves on this joke of a player.

Shameless cuck prolly wants Ney back so Ney can promote his business interests.

xXKonan

Sleeps 4-5 hours and goes on Business trips day before official matches and he's still our starting CB.

Pretty much everything wrong with this current Barcelona in a nutshell.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
This part of his comment : "I dedicate my spare time to what I like." just kills me. As if him just sleeping 4/5 hours doesnt affect the way he plays or trains. Mind-boggling that the board isn't doing anything about it.

Marshall D Teach

If his business ventures are his priority now, that's fine, it's his choice, but he should retire from football or at least from Barca.

Sleeps 4-5 hours and goes on Business trips day before official matches and he's still our starting CB.

And some of our seniors still manage to look even worse than him on the pitch (cough Busquets) :lol:

And Valverde still starts all of them.

Sad.

Rory

There is absolutely no way Pique is working hard enough in training/during a match if he is sleeping that much, he should be injured all the time if he's as physically active as a footballer should be and only sleeps that much. In the bin with him!

xXKonan

I'm looking forward to him screaming they were taking his words out of context when people get mad at him again.

The guy cannot take what he can dish out.

Riordon

We are not a serious club anymore. I mean what the fuck is that for a mentality? It’s so damaging to club. Ofc it affects new signings and players when they see one of their captains that lazy.

khaled_a_d

2. or if they decide to leave a club on their own (why would they give up from massive wages?)

-Longer / better term contract with easier life somewhere else
-Keeping good relations within the club and fans.
Those are club legends, and they know there is life after football.
Busquets is already regarded as one of 3 players of this golden era who are future Barca coach (others are Xavi & Mascherano) and staying against the well of club and fans won't do him any good.
Same for Pique if he has any aspirations for running an administrative rules in the club.

Yeah. Pretty sad considering defense is one line that we have done solid job in the market with. But Pique lack of focus and Umtiti injury has fucked things.

The guy cannot take what he can dish out.

tbf I think Pique takes things well. He simply doesn't care about people's opinion which at some situations is great.
But atm it does seem it affects him. For a guy that few years ago said he needed to alter his life style to continue in form, he can't reverse that at older age.

Home of Barca Fans