Gerard Piqué

michelco

lmao this guy has clocked out from being a player some time ago. This is him making sure everyone sees him as this big, powerful, influential guy at Barca. Pure PR for his career after football. He's not stupid, he knows what he's doing. However, any coach with any resemblance of a tiny, miniscule ball (not even plural) would've sent Pique to the stands before he could even get a hard on by the thought of an independent catalunya

Richard.H

He's a Barca legend, but right now he's a clown and the biggest one at the club.

Someone need to come in and do a Guardiola and force this guy into retirement.

[tw]1200086783217881089[/tw]

What the hell? literally every top player in other club would be benched for doing shit like this. Who does he think he is?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We need at least 1 world class CB next summer, hopefully 2.
He is still the best CB in the club, no one is benching him or forcing him out until that changes.

Too bad Koulibaly will cost too much and turns 29 because we need someone like him.

I bet you right now that they are going to half ass it by signing someone like Andreas Christensen who is warming the bench for Chelsea.

khaled_a_d

Too bad Koulibaly will cost too much and turns 29 because we need someone like him.

I bet you right now that they are going to half ass it by signing someone like Andreas Christensen who is warming the bench for Chelsea.

So far the board history with CB isn't that bad.
Mathieu is success for his price and for what he has given us in 1st 2 years. Vermaelen is flop but he basically cost us 10M (FIFA paid us 2M of them) and was decent when healthy though that was rare. Umtiti was hit before injury, Mina got us ton of money back, Marlon same thing, Lenglet is solid signing too. Todibo isn't proven yet buy I imagine he will at least get us more money.
Obviously this is partially because they didn't invest that much in defense as they should. And this is my main concern.
Defense will be ignored for another expensive attacker

Potroh

@Potroh, I'd like your input on this one.

I think I've done that, two pages up on the 12th or so.

Regarding this New York affair, there is general rule in coaching: if the ENTIRE team want something that the coach opposes, and it is NOT related footballing matters, but free time of the players, entertainment, etc. the coach should retreat and let them do it.

An over-trained team is just as horrible as an under-trained one.
Ambitious players should always enjoy training, which is not possible if they are forced into a framework, that restricts them just for the mere sake of restriction and discipline.
It's dull, boring, energy-fleecing and counterproductive.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
So far the board history with CB isn't that bad.
Mathieu is success for his price and for what he has given us in 1st 2 years. Vermaelen is flop but he basically cost us 10M (FIFA paid us 2M of them) and was decent when healthy though that was rare. Umtiti was hit before injury, Mina got us ton of money back, Marlon same thing, Lenglet is solid signing too. Todibo isn't proven yet buy I imagine he will at least get us more money.
Obviously this is partially because they didn't invest that much in defense as they should. And this is my main concern.
Defense will be ignored for another expensive attacker

It isn't that bad, but I fear they're locked into one type of CBs. The slow Lenglet types as we seem to be linked to the likes of Christensen and Milenković.

We need a fast, athletic CB. If we cannot get an established guy we need to look into someone that fits that profile. Upamecano and Konaté both do and have CL experience this year playing for Leipzig too. Just throwing out a couple of names, could be someone else too, like Söyüncü who plays for Leicester.

I swear if we sign Christensen I will lose my fucking mind. Lenglet and Umtiti are both better than him.

xXKonan

There was a time where getting Christensen would make sense but that was several years ago.

He's behind the likes of Zouma and Tomori and possibly even Rudiger once he gets up to speed and fit. While Zouma isn't that good with the ball like Christensen is, he makes up for it in his athleticism despite suffering that bad knee injury several years ago and seems to be up to the level Lampard wants.

There's also the emergence of Tomori who is not only gifted in athleticism he's also good with the ball at his feet and Rudiger is also the same. It just seems pointless to play Christensen ahead of those guys who actually have both skill sets as well.

He's doesn't seem to be that outstanding enough like he was when he was younger to warrant to go for him.

khaled_a_d

It isn't that bad, but I fear they're locked into one type of CBs. The slow Lenglet types as we seem to be linked to the likes of Christensen and Milenković.

We need a fast, athletic CB. If we cannot get an established guy we need to look into someone that fits that profile. Upamecano and Konaté both do and have CL experience this year playing for Leipzig too. Just throwing out a couple of names, could be someone else too, like Söyüncü who plays for Leicester.

I swear if we sign Christensen I will lose my fucking mind. Lenglet and Umtiti are both better than him.

Agree, think Christensen thing is either a Murillo type of stop gap (which we need) or recycled rumor.
or maybe it is a wishful thinking from my part.

Home of Barca Fans