Gerard Piqué

Horatio

You're welcome
He better focus on his footballing career. Otherwise not even sure I want him back. Hopefully Koeman will reprimand him.

Windhook

He seems pretty much done with football. That distraction with the media projects, business, Twitter, injuries, Shakira and so on, they all took away a lot. I wished the Piquenbauer would last for eternity back in 2009, it didn't. Definitely the greatest defensive player I've seen since Matthias Sammer and he played for FC Barcelona. Oh, man...

raedkuwait

He is part of all those humiliation and one of the main reasons for them, so i wouldt mind at all if he didnt come back, infact i would be more happy if he didnt.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
In the CB situation we are in, usually you would not even think about letting your most experienced defender leave but Pique never came across a leader. In addition to that his interviews and antics disturb the club.
He is on huge wages so I would not mind if he did not came back even if it would be a sad ending to a great career.

Would be great to get an experienced defender from somewhere. Thiago Silva and Boateng come to mind but they would earn much money too. I would like the club to look at Aissa Mandi from Betis too. Could be a nice addition for free.
I would rather have Araujo, Mingueza, Garcia and a proven experienced defender than our current combo. Way cheaper, more hunger and a step into the future.

Edit: Okay, Mandi is the guy that injured Fati. Forget about that. :tata:

Last edited:

Porque

Pique has very good anticipation. If he is paired with a fast CB (Araujo) then we should see a good version of him.

It's when paired with snails that Pique's change of direct gets exposed.

khaled_a_d

In the CB situation we are in, usually you would not even think about letting your most experienced defender leave but Pique never came across a leader. In addition to that his interviews and antics disturb the club.

I think Pique is very underrated leader, he is an important figure in the club and many players speak highly of him.
Being a bit of a "joker" doesn't mean he isn't a leader IMO.
I would keep Pique for another season, but hopefully we make a good signing too.
Pique-Araujo-Garcia-New Signing is my ideal CB situation next year, with Ramos and Igor being the 5th CB option next year.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

I think Pique is very underrated leader, he is an important figure in the club and many players speak highly of him.
I would keep Pique for another season, but hopefully we make a good signing too.
Pique-Araujo-Garcia-New Signing is my ideal CB situation next year, with Ramos and Igor being the 5th CB option next year.

Imo he is an overrated leader

FinBarcelonafan

If he was any type of leader he would be captain of the team, but he is not. We have been lacking proper captain for a long time.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
If he was any type of leader he would be captain of the team, but he is not. We have been lacking proper captain for a long time.

:shakeshead:

TCSNdjBq.jpg

FinBarcelonafan

Messi is the captain and I wouldn't call any of those guys "captain". They lack the mentality or the leadership. They were chosen because their past success, not because they are good "captains". None of those guys are strong leaders. Sounds harsh but also true in my eyes.

We need someone new to lead the team.

serghei

De Jong is the only one in the team with real captain material. Messi, Pique, and Stegen make joke captains. Messi is far too lazy, Pique is a buffoon and Stegen goes missing whenever the team needs him most.

Messi is only a captain because of seniority and because he's the best player. But best players aren't automatically best captains or best leaders.

Home of Barca Fans