Gerard Piqué

behindbrowneyes

He'll get used to it like people get used to many things they didn't like at the beginning.

If he throws a tantrum and expects special treatment because he is an entrepreneur or because he helped the club financially: Time to retire which he'll probably do at the end of the season.

I really like Pique. He is a smart guy and proactively planning the career after the career is a great thing. He is a professional footballer though and his entrepreneurial work must not hamper his work for the club, be it trainings, group activities or games.

We'll see what's more important to him soon. If it his business, that's totally fine. Just retire from football.

I hope Xavi remains firm.

mc_lovin

I have no doubts about him. If he's not ready to commit to football I am sure he will just retire. You can say about him what you want, but he's not a leech.

gregorrin10

I really hope Xavi stays strong and firm about this. In that case I see Pique retiring after this season. Especially since he keeps saying he won't go anywhere else and once his time is Barca is done, his career will be over too. Don't really care, since the guy treats playing for Barca like a hobby for the past few years.

He'll probably get left behind during this season, not just physically, but he'll also be annoyed that he can't conduct any of his business mid-season. Then come end of the season he'll be all gracious about it, saying he's retiring to give a chance to younger defenders, the new generation Barca, even though he said he'll be the first to go among the seniors after the Bayern loss already.

But no, we had to lose the GOAT before the others remembered their time is up and that it's time to go. I will never forgive Pique and the other seniors for this. Paycut was a nice gesture, but he, along with the others has been getting massively overpaid for years before, so this was justice and something urgent more than something to credit him for. I mean sure, he could've been a cunt like Coutinho and straight up refused the reduction, but since he's planning to run for president one day, he couldn't risk damaging his legacy and status among the fan base.

mc_lovin

I really hope Xavi stays strong and firm about this. In that case I see Pique retiring after this season. Especially since he keeps saying he won't go anywhere else and once his time is Barca is done, his career will be over too. Don't really care, since the guy treats playing for Barca like a hobby for the past few years.

He'll probably get left behind during this season, not just physically, but he'll also be annoyed that he can't conduct any of his business mid-season. Then come end of the season he'll be all gracious about it, saying he's retiring to give a chance to younger defenders, the new generation Barca, even though he said he'll be the first to go among the seniors after the Bayern loss already.

But no, we had to lose the GOAT before the others remembered their time is up and that it's time to go.
I will never forgive Pique and the other seniors for this. Paycut was a nice gesture, but he, along with the others has been getting massively overpaid for years before, so this was justice and something urgent more than something to credit him for. I mean sure, he could've been a cunt like Coutinho and straight up refused the reduction, but since he's planning to run for president one day, he couldn't risk damaging his legacy and status among the fan base.

That's a ridiculous argument.

clemente

I want him to fall out with Xavi, he is definitely the loudest guy in the locker room and if Xavi shuts him down, then we finally have a coach with a spine

Zidane82

I want him to fall out with Xavi, he is definitely the loudest guy in the locker room and if Xavi shuts him down, then we finally have a coach with a spine

That is a well known strategy for gaining respect quickly ... pick on the big guy straight away !

OGbarca

Banned
my most disliked member of the squad ATM

he is a terrible influence and a sloppy model for all our youngsters: an image of what precisely they should not aim to be as footballers by the end their careers

Jadentheman

He won't get what he wants. Messi is gone, the club can get rid of Pique too. He's not exactly performing, his wages are still high despite the cut, and he is an amigo with ego. Options can be clear: bench, retire, or play for LAFC/La Galaxy.

LFCB

my most disliked member of the squad ATM

he is a terrible influence and a sloppy model for all our youngsters: an image of what precisely they should not aim to be as footballers by the end their careers

It's so annoying that he's turned into this. We could have moved on if he had just left after Bayern at the latest, but the 'Captains' are ruining any respect and admiration we had left of them!

Horatio

You're welcome
It's so annoying that he's turned into this. We could have moved on if he had just left after Bayern at the latest, but the 'Captains' are ruining any respect and admiration we had left of them!

He said he would step down if needed after Bayern loss. What a scam that was.

behindbrowneyes

He said he would step down if needed after Bayern loss. What a scam that was.

That's probably because none with a say told him that it was needed for him to step down. Koeman always played him, Laporta seems to have a close relationship with him.

Not only he knows how to play the people game, but also other experienced like Lenglet or Umtiti aren't any better than him. They are even worse.

Anyway, apparently was the first to arrive on the trainings ground today.

Home of Barca Fans