Gerard Piqué

Horatio

You're welcome
That's probably because none with a say told him that it was needed for him to step down. Koeman always played him, Laporta seems to have a close relationship with him.

Not only he knows how to play the people game, but also other experienced like Lenglet or Umtiti aren't any better than him. They are even worse.

Anyway, apparently was the first to arrive on the trainings ground today.

Ain't gonna lie I pictured Pique coming home afterwards laughing his ass off with his wife about having said that. "lol they think I would step down. I ain't going anyhwere"

Messi983

He said he would step down if needed after Bayern loss. What a scam that was.

Not to defend him but did anyone from the club actually asked him to retire or leave at any point? Bartomeu was gone shortly after that, we were without a president for months and for Laporta Geri is probably still one of the best CBs in the world.

Messi983

Lenglet and Umtiti busting hurt us. Pique was still the top dog.

Umtiti especially as he was the athletic CB we needed before injuries. People shouldn't forget Lenglet was brought primarily as his backup and he would be more than good enough for that role but had to play much more because Umtiti risked his career for WC glory. Well, at least France won so nobody can take that away from him or otherwise he would look even more stupid than he looks.

Sure, things in football are never granted and France might not win another WC for 20 years for all we know but I'd understand him much more if he'd be 30+ and/or playing for a worse football nation who would happen to have a golden generation so he'd thought it's his last/only chance to do anything internationally. But entering his prime years and playing for one of the top football nations who will always be amongst favorites in big competitions risking the rest of his career playing through serious injury is just stupid imo. Of course I look at this from a Barca fan perspective as I don't care about France (or international football in general) much.

Birdy

[MENTION=21238]barca[/MENTION]Universal
Busquets is a guaranteed starter under Xavi. As for Piqu?, the manager wants to use Eric Garc?a and Ara?jo as the first options. He also counts on Umtiti.

@diariARA

First part of the tweet is disappointing, even though expected.
2nd part though, is both unexpected and MUSIC TO MY EARS....

Birdy

More evidence on how this clownish twat, done as footballer, destroys our defensive structure:

FEy1DceWYAEFOil

FEy1E6zWQAs3MPR

FEy1StSXsAIc66u

FEy1TupXEA46ZXC

RdT turned him in and out all night...

If Xavi means anything about the 'meritocracy' rule, Gery-the-Clown should never see the pitch again

xXKonan

There's not much else to say really, he can't offer us anything anymore other than maybe the odd set-piece goal here and there.

Eric has been doing a great job recently and I'd rather much count on him along with the likes of Araujo even though his ball-playing abilities aren't the greatest.

Home of Barca Fans