Gerardo "Tata" Martino

ShandyFFM

"The pressing that has been such a feature of this team is something I want us to get back. I want Barcelona to be a team that is comfortable in attack and that plays high up the pitch."

Yeees bring it on Tata

No :Tata: smiley yet :(

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Martino (new coach Barcelona): "Messi has played in different positions, but he's scoring more than ever now, I won't change his position."

Great :messi:. Now you all can stop bringing the stupid idea up all the time.

F

Flavia

I really liked his press conference. Seems to know what he's going to do, has clear ideas.

ceefoo

Martino (new coach Barcelona): "I'm very happy and grateful. It's an honour to enter a club with such a history and such prestige."

Martino (new coach Barcelona): "Sadly, we all know the circumstances why I'm here now. I send my best wishes to Tito."

Martino (new coach Barcelona): "I'm eager to meet the players and to continue with the football idea of this club, that's why I was signed."

Martino: "I will continue with the idea of Barça and will try to add some new things to make this a more complete team."

Martino (new coach Barcelona): "You can be ambitious in life, set goals, but I couldn't have imagined one year ago I would be here"

Martino (new coach Barcelona): "The main thing is to make sure that the players are still hungry to keep on winning."

Martino (new coach Barcelona): "I can't imagine that Messi and Neymar couldn't play well together. If they don't, the coach is to blame."

Martino (new coach Barcelona): "As a coach, I've learned to adapt to the squad and to the players I have at my disposal."

Martino (new coach Barcelona): "Coaching in Argentina is not easy and that helps us when we leave the country to work elsewhere."

Martino (new coach Barcelona): "Messi and I are both from Rosario, Newell's is our club, but I don't know him personally."

Martino: "I will today travel to Oslo to join the team, I'll attend the game and then we return to welcome the ESP and BRA players"

Martino (new coach Barcelona): "Messi has played in different positions, but he's scoring more than ever now, I won't change his position."

Martino (new coach Barcelona): "Signing a centre back? I need more time to have an opinion, I didn't even see the squad train."
He's saying all the right things. :yes: Now if he would just dismiss the Walter Samuel rumours, that would be perfect.

SOoo looking forward to the new season. :dance:

F

Flavia

The cbs he suggested were Vergini and Marcos Cáceres, both from newell's. The res of the new list, according to md, is: D.Luiz(Chelsea), Agger(Liverpool), Hummels (Borussia Dortmund), Kompany (City), Vertonghen (Tottenham), Vermaelen (Arsenal) and Iñigo Martínez (Real Sociedad). Hummels back on the list because Tito was the one who didn't like him.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Good luck getting Hummels from Dortmund this year. Won't happen.

Tata Martino would want one of the two current assistants to stay on as his assistant, with Rubi the most likely candidate. [md]

What would happen to Roura? Fired?

ebieymjunior

Good luck getting Hummels from Dortmund this year. Won't happen.

Tata Martino would want one of the two current assistants to stay on as his assistant, with Rubi the most likely candidate. [md]

What would happen to Roura? Fired?

<Relieved>. Maybe they'd give him another spot in the club?

flamenco

We all should feel excited about it :neymar:
Martino seems realistic, wise and honest. He sincerely loves the club :barca scarf:

Last edited:

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
The cbs he suggested were Vergini and Marcos Cáceres, both from newell's. The res of the new list, according to md, is: D.Luiz(Chelsea), Agger(Liverpool), Hummels (Borussia Dortmund), Kompany (City), Vertonghen (Tottenham), Vermaelen (Arsenal) and Iñigo Martínez (Real Sociedad). Hummels back on the list because Tito was the one who didn't like him.

"new list"? It's the exact same players we've seen since one month before the transfer window opened. And somebody tell me, how on earth would anybody know which CB's Tata would like after him being at the club for like 24 hours? This is just BS...

Great :messi:. Now you all can stop bringing the stupid idea up all the time.

Yup. Now I just hope he addresses the real problem: the way our wingers are used.

Home of Barca Fans