Gerardo "Tata" Martino

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
I dont like the chelsea mentality of sacking coaches.The only place where he was at fault was at the sociedad game and he admitted it.Valladolid loss was a team loss.Every player played shit.Martino did nothing wrong.

Exactly he has met most expectations (within the realm of reality) but anything less than a treble for a non catalan is unacceptable for our fickle fans

I

instinct

I think this is the most important thing our squad needs at the moment. I did not find a better video but I'm sure that everyone here knows Klopp's emotions.

Our players are still world-class. Almost the same team as in 2011, in the legendary game at Wembley. Of course some players are declining but players like Messi, Iniesta and Busquets still have the same class as back then. Of course we need to rebuild our squad with players who bring fresh blood to our team but what would it be worth if our current players act as unmotivated as they do now?

I recently read an interview with Xavi where he said that it is much more annoying to lose the ball than to miss a good chance. I think this proves how stagnant we are at the moment. We stick to our tiki-taka stye which has brought us success over the years but the players do not accept real changes. Xavi does not because he fears losing his place as a starter. Messi does not because maybe he would not play as a false 9 anymore and therefore would not score as many goals as in the last season (just a thought).

As long as players do not accept changes, the best players in the world are not able to help us. Our players seem to be very disinterested on the pitch (except in the big games). A few years ago they put their heart and their soul in fighting back in a game and to win a match. Now they push a bit more forward but without playing more direct. They ALWAYS rotate the ball in the midfield. Our play seems so arrogant and it is the logical cause that we lose matches because of this stupid arrogance. I cheer our team when they win important games against ManCity but you are not able to win the league without defeating teams like Valladoid. How can we not beat Valladoid? Because our players think that they will certainly win and therefore they do not put ANYTHING in this type of match. And then we lose 1-0. Fine.

I think Tata is a good coach but he is not able to motivate our players. He recently said that he doesn't need to motivate our players because they all now what they are playing for. But do we see it on the pitch? Against City, yes. Against Sociedad and Valladoid? Hell no.

Therefore I think Tata should go at the end of the season and we seriously should go after Klopp. He s a coach from the outside who would introduce a complete new style of play. But I think it's not that much about tactics or systems. It's about emotions and motivation. Klopp is the most emotional coach I've ever seen. He celebrates EVERY goal like it was Iniesta's winner in the WC 2010. And this is what we need after so much years of success.

DennyCrane

Considering the average ref quality in La Liga and Klopps' emotional outbursts, we might as well buy him a season ticket.

hulinat

jurgen-klopp-pissed.gif

serghei

I dont like the chelsea mentality of sacking coaches.The only place where he was at fault was at the sociedad game and he admitted it.Valladolid loss was a team loss.Every player played shit.Martino did nothing wrong.

You seem to treat very lightly the manager's important role in motivating the players and making them work hard for a win. The poor performances we had against low level teams is both on Tata and the players. And he's smart not wanting to continue next season if he doesn't win anything in this one.

jairzinho

You seem to treat very lightly the manager's important role in motivating the players and making them work hard for a win. The poor performances we had against low level teams is both on Tata and the players. And he's smart not wanting to continue next season if he doesn't win anything in this one.

I really don't get this motivation logic that is being thrown around all of a sudden. We started the year as winter champions at the top of the table. Previously, We defeated Real in the Camp Nou, played to a hard draw in the Calderon, won our CL group etc. Now that the year has started and we've lost a couple games, all of a sudden, 'Martino can't motivate the players', he can't to this he can't to that. We need DeBoer, we want Klopp, bring back Pep !....WTF jeez. !!!. We just knocked out Man City out of the CL, so I'm guessing we got lucky, because there was no way in the fuckin world that Tata could have motivate them to do that.

Home of Barca Fans