Gerardo "Tata" Martino

F

FCBblaug

They can beat us, sure, but that doesn't mean they have a better squad than ours. We're favourites against them. They are perfectly capable to win against anyone, but not good enough to go down as a favourite over Bayern, Madrid or us.

See this. They have a better squad but we have a better starting eleven. An injury to any of our starters or lack of form would be devastating compared to theirs because most of their players can be replaced bu other squad members Even ibra

L

linetty

PSG have enough quality to win the whole thing. They've become underrated among fans and experts. Currently playing some of the best football in Europe.

Barca PSG is 50/50. There are no favorites.

3-3 last time and that was an inferior PSG team.
Last time that was also an inferior Barca with injured/unfit Messi on top of that.

If we continue playing on our actual CL level, we can win it.

L

linetty

See this. They have a better squad but we have a better starting eleven. An injury to any of our starters or lack of form would be devastating compared to theirs because most of their players can be replaced bu other squad members Even ibra
Their bench: Alex, Camara, Douchez, Maxwell, Motta, Lucas, Menez
Our bench: Adriano, Bartra, Pedro, Pinto, Song, Roberto, Sanchez

"Most of their player can be replaced by other squad member even Ibra"

By whom can Ibra be replaced? Your post is a massive hyperbole, I don't see much difference between their and our subs players. I'd say our is even slightly better!

pEllee

Last time that was also an inferior Barca with injured/unfit Messi on top of that.

If we continue playing on our actual CL level, we can win it.

Yes, Barca under Tito were flat track bullies so I guess it goes both ways. I'm not sure the team is better though. Just better prepared for the big games.
This is an open CL season by the way. At least 4-5 teams can realistically win it. Barcelona are one of those teams of course.

By whom can Ibra be replaced?

Cavani.

You've got their bench wrong by the way.

Maria

PSG have enough quality to win the whole thing. They've become underrated among fans and experts. Currently playing some of the best football in Europe.
Barca PSG is 50/50. There are no favorites.

3-3 last time and that was an inferior PSG team.

How are they underrated if I read everywhere that they are underrated? And maybe that was an inferior PSG team, but let's not forget that Barca was in a bad shape at the time.

pEllee

How are they underrated if everywhere I read that they are underrated? And maybe that was an inferior PSG team, but let's not forget that Barca was in a bad shape at the time.

I don't think I've ever read that. If anything, most seem to agree that they're a very good side but not quite on the same level as the likes Barca and Real Madrid. That's the general opinion. I disagree with it. I think they are on the same level.

L

linetty

Yes, Barca under Tito were flat track bullies so I guess it goes both ways. I'm not sure the team is better though. Just better prepared for the big games.
This is an open CL season by the way. At least 4-5 teams can realistically win it. Barcelona are one of those teams of course.

Cavani.

You've got their bench wrong by the way.
I'm pretty sure it was their bench against Leverkusen and okay, Cavani might be able to replace Ibra, but that cannot be said about other positions on the pitch also.

serghei

I don't think I've ever read that. If anything, most seem to agree that they're a very good side but not quite on the same level as the likes Barca and Real Madrid. That's the general opinion. I disagree with it. I think they are on the same level.

I saw their matches against Monaco this season. They are good, but, come on, Barca, Bayern and Real have all made at least 3 CL semifinals in the last 4 years. PSG, on the other hand, has just made contact with the elite football. They aren't a perfectly oiled machine yet.

L

linetty

Come on, your opinion is a little exaggerated. PSG on the same level as Barca and RM? They are good, but let's be realistic here. They aren't going trough Bayern, Barca, RM, Chelsea or even Atletico!

F

FCBblaug

Their bench: Alex, Camara, Douchez, Maxwell, Motta, Lucas, Menez
Our bench: Adriano, Bartra, Pedro, Pinto, Song, Roberto, Sanchez

"Most of their player can be replaced by other squad member even Ibra"

By whom can Ibra be replaced? Your post is a massive hyperbole, I don't see much difference between their and our subs players. I'd say our is even slightly better!
Cavani
What about gregory van der wiel, rabiot, pastore, lavezzi?

pEllee

I'm pretty sure it was their bench against Leverkusen and okay, Cavani might be able to replace Ibra, but that cannot be said about other positions on the pitch also.

They were rotating. Their actual starting line-up is something like this;

---- ---- Sirigu

VdW - Alex - Silva - Maxwell

Verratti -- Motta -- Matuidi

Cavani ---Ibrahimovic --- Lavezzi/Lucas

Not too bad.

I saw their matches against Monaco this season. They are good, but, come on, Barca, Bayern and Real have all made at least 3 CL semifinals in the last 4 years. PSG, on the other hand, has just made contact with the elite football. They aren't a perfectly oiled machine yet.

Come on, your opinion is a little exaggerated. PSG on the same level as Barca and RM? They are good, but let's be realistic here. They aren't going trough Bayern, Barca, RM, Chelsea or even Atletico!

Well, let's just agree to disagree. :)

Chainsaw

Killahead
From a quality point of view PSG is the closest team to Bayern, Barca and Real. From an experience point of view? Far from them. They're quite new in raising a head among the big ones. That makes 'em a rookie but an unpredictable one. I don't think they can win it, but they surely won't make it easy for any of the top dogs on the road.

khaled_a_d

From a quality point of view PSG is the closest team to Bayern, Barca and Real. From an experience point of view? Far from them. They're quite new in raising a head among the big ones. That makes 'em a rookie but an unpredictable one. I don't think they can win it, but they surely won't make it easy for any of the top dogs on the road.

I said in another thread,Dortmund wasn't experienced team when they reached CL final ,and PSG has many experienced players with T.Silva,Alex,Ibra,Cavani,Motta,Maxwell

Chainsaw

Killahead
I said in another thread,Dortmund wasn't experienced team when they reached CL final ,and PSG has many experienced players with T.Silva,Alex,Ibra,Cavani,Motta,Maxwell

Dortumnd has been a force with Hetzfield in the 90s. You can't put them in the same line with PSG.

I

instinct

Martino: "Puyol and Pique not available? If there's a problem, we can solve it with Adriano, Busquets or Song.

So many fails in one sentence.

Home of Barca Fans