Gerardo "Tata" Martino

BarcaGirl

Tata Martino is the first coach in history who did not lose any of his first 16 games with Barcelona #fcblive [via misterchip]

:)

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
Martino is slowly but surely destroying all the good work that Rijkaard, Pep and Tito did. Please don't be fooled by the results so far. We are only managing to get through due to the quality of our players. Tactically Tata is out of his depth. Like Carlo said, he doesn't know Europe and he certainly doesn't understand Barca. Double Pivot!!! WTF!?!

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Not_sure_if_serious.jpg

BarcaGirl

Martino is slowly but surely destroying all the good work that Rijkaard, Pep and Tito did. Please don't be fooled by the results so far. We are only managing to get through due to the quality of our players. Tactically Tata is out of his depth. Like Carlo said, he doesn't know Europe and he certainly doesn't understand Barca. Double Pivot!!! WTF!?!

1zv3eop.jpg

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
I am serious, but then I am also incredibly confused in regards to Tata. I hate, absolutely hate, the way we are playing, but he is getting results. I feel like I am going to explode. In the end, I think I would prefer to go back to how we traditionally play and win nothing than win everything and play like we are.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
he's totally joking and there's nothing wrong with playing double pivot...

And as Pique says... Give respect, but don't become a slave!!

I am serious, but then I am also incredibly confused in regards to Tata. I hate, absolutely hate, the way we are playing, but he is getting results. I feel like I am going to explode. In the end, I think I would prefer to go back to how we traditionally play and win nothing than win everything and play like we are.
you are!? crap

Barca being such a huge club... It is only romantic to think like that!

Besides, it's not like we are playing ala Chelsea when they face us! We are still being traditional, only with a few tweaks!!

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Hmm.. It's not like we're playing with a double pivot every game though. Its fine with experimenting once in a while IMO. Besides, the tweaks have not made such a huge difference either, yes its a bit different, but its for the good.

Galning

Double pivot is a myth. Just because Song played doesn't mean we played with two DM's. He was up front a lot.

Icarium

Lifestealer
It is just sad and awful to see people bitch about possession and not giving martino enough credit he deserves. Winning is the most important thing for any club than style of playing. It is not like we are playing like this for last 100 years is it? As far i see barca is still playing tiki taka with more directness more like tiki tata. Return of pressing, occasional long balls and more directness. If there is chance that you can get a goal by one pass why make 20 passes and not scoring?? Total football is based on positional play not making 20 odd passes standing at same place, we used to blend in passing and positioning perfectly in pep time. We don't do that anymore as anyone can see it, it is time for some changes.

When we lose xavi and iniesta we will lose everything pep has built for us, so it is better to adjust the system for any kind of player to play in those positions. Tata is a tactical genius he is using players more effectively by employing at current locations. See Clasico for example he know anyway messi is going to marked out of the game he put him in midfield to stretch madrid defense line. His use of cesc is also great, we still play one touch football but not controlling the midfield as we used. The midfield trio is soon going to end, tata is trying everything to hold on to greatness.

F

Flavia

Tata isn't doing anything new. Rikjaard's team on the ucl final:

434px-Barcelona_vs_Arsenal_2006-05-17.svg.png

Edmilson - Van Bommel. Worse than Busi - Song. And Song had a Keita type of role last night. His 1-2 with Messi originated the 2nd goal, for instance.

Home of Barca Fans