Gerardo "Tata" Martino

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Especially funny considering Ancelotti's “Martino doesn't know European football“ remark. Oh, vengeance is sweet...

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Yeah, the newbie Tata put experienced Ancelotti on his pocket :D

Showed Ancelotti who's boss. He was simply clueless tactically (Carlo).

Especially funny considering Ancelotti's “Martino doesn't know European football“ remark. Oh, vengeance is sweet...
Ancelotti fcuked it up wantedly to give a false hope to the inexperienced... He will show Tata what European football actually is in the second classico

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
vcx8p3.jpg

It is rather 4-4-2 narrow diamond than a 4-3-3 with Fabregas as a false 9 for me. Anyway, that was a smart move as i expected before the match:
I hope Martino will surprise Madrid, a clever tactical move would be useful.
We'll play 4-1-2-1-2 diamond :tata:
I thought we would play this way:
thumb.png

As you see, I've predicted everything correct :lol:
Thanks to Tata for his tactics.
p.s. wtf is Madrid's tactics? such a mess :lol:

Last edited:

Stric

That was a great lineup by Tata. That formation works very well and we were constantly creating threats, precisely because both of our wide forwards weren't hugging the touchlines. Wingers providing width is overrated. That's why we have fullbacks. Neymar-Cesc-Messi worked like a charm.

barcanuck

Only downfall is he trusts Mascherano alot and will probably be really reluctant to bench him no matter what since they are countrymen.

Maria

Tata :worthy:
Last year despite the fact that we had the same number of points at this stage, I was very critical with Tito because I felt his tactics weren't good enough for Europe(though I guess having Neymar instead of Villa helps him a lot). With Tata we know how to compete despite of some obvious flaws that the squad has and that is more than enough for this season.

Zuess99

Only downfall is he trusts Mascherano alot and will probably be really reluctant to bench him no matter what since they are countrymen.
That and playing cesc as a false nine. If by jan he hasnt gotten a striker and a proper defender then he surely just wants to win la liga and aint serious.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Cesc as a false 9 wasn't bad in yesterday's game and part of the plan. It's not as if Cesc up front is a long-term solution, he'll still play Messi there most of the time. He was just adapting to the opponent. And it worked! I'm genuinely excited that Tata turns out to be a good tactician, something which I think we lacked under Tito (although Tito didn't have enough chance to prove himself due to his long absences). Makes me more confident for big games.

Ancelotti fcuked it up wantedly to give a false hope to the inexperienced... He will show Tata what European football actually is in the second classico

What a beast he is. He allows us a 6 point advantage just to give us a false sense of security and make Tata think he got it all figured out, only to catch us off guard later in the season. Truly European :worthy:

NeyMesSis

What a trainer... We critism rossel so often but for bringing Tata we must thank him Guys!!! Don't see just the negative! I LOVE TATA :wub: (no homo) :lol:

Richard.H

I highly doubt Tata is that retarded to give Masch priority in the squad just because he's Argentine... Do you have any idea how many problems that would cause in the dressing room?

Anyway, Tata looks like a sensible coach. He seems very determined and focused in his tactics, very much like Pep. I actually enjoy the change of play he does to make the team as flexible as possible.

One big thing I noticed this season is there are clear instructions from the coaching staff to pass long balls and take more risks with passes. During Tito era and even the last year of Pep, we often saw Iniesta, Xavi and Busquets just doing everything they can to keep the ball, which resulted in sideways passing. This is not that great of a tactic and is way too predictable for opponents.

Whoever gave that really long lobbed pass to Neymar deserves lots of praise from me! Was an excellent chance for Neymar since the pass was incredible accurate.

Home of Barca Fans