Gerardo "Tata" Martino

DinhoR10

:lol: We have players like Fàbregas and Pedro on the bench and people complain about lack of depth in the squad. Pep's squad was much thinner and I don't even want to name the kinds of players we used to have on the bench a couple of years ago, I bet many people on here haven't even heard about some of them.

What makes the difference right now (concerning the quality of the squad) is the fact that some of our key players have declined and haven't been replaced. I don't even want to go into tactics but as far as I can tell, our players also don't have the kind of strict orders that they had under Pep, and they don't face the same consequences if they don't follow those orders or don't play well.

The only one that really declined was xavi and puyol, and xavi's decline was more of a "Cant bring out 100% every game" sort of decline with proper rotation his quality has shown to still be top notch. We just got hit with injuries at the wrong time. Against tight defenses I've only seen a few players who can initiate attacks regularly (Iniesta,neymar,messi) and pedro and Sergi roberto who are good at the one touch build up needed for such games. Include iniesta or neymar to that squad and the game would've been much different (Especially iniesta + messi a combo we haven't seen this season at its best yet).

Kerrybai

I like Tata and feel he has what it takes to bring this team to great heights.

However I do find it worrying that we come out so slow in the first half. Nearly every game we get run over in the first 20 minutes and we have found ourselves falling behind in the first half too often. We generally pick it up and turn things around but I think it's something that needs to be addressed.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I go back to how Tata & the team knew exactly what to expect against Levante after having just played them...Not addressing the difficulties they had until 135 minutes doesn't say much for his ability to either prepare the team or get the tactics right

Yannick03

I like Tata and feel he has what it takes to bring this team to great heights.

However I do find it worrying that we come out so slow in the first half. Nearly every game we get run over in the first 20 minutes and we have found ourselves falling behind in the first half too often. We generally pick it up and turn things around but I think it's something that needs to be addressed.

That problem even existed when Pep used to be here. It is the effect of playing the ball around at the back instead of hoofing it forward. In the first 20-30 minutes, the opponents are fresh and they can press us high up the pitch. When they get tired, we can pressure them high up the pitch. Teams know this and try to take advantage of this, especially Real Madrid under Mourinho. It's a side-effect of our philosophy I fear.

jklz

Nothing since he has a contract for two years.

There have been rumours about him wanting to leave after this season already and a contract doesn't always run its course. I mean, a new president (especially someone that would dislike Rosell) could want to get rid of Tata Martino.

Galning

There have been rumours about him wanting to leave after this season already and a contract doesn't always run its course. I mean, a new president (especially someone that would dislike Rosell) could want to get rid of Tata Martino.

Ah yes. But that's the case for everyone.

Home of Barca Fans