Gerardo "Tata" Martino

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
As far as the results go: Tata is doing above expectations.

I think most of us are trying hard to like this new Barca but the standards were so high under Pep that it's easy to find reasons to be unhappy.
It'll take years to adjust, I guess.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Might take years and maybe it just needed to happen as well...With teams adjusting specifically to Barcelona's style/tactics, solutions were fewer & harder to implement...We'll see if Tata's version of Barcelona can recapture the dominance or at, the very least, get the maximum out of this group of players...Because, for me, they don't need to play like before (Under Pep) but they should be playing to their strengths and giving the team the best chance to win matches

I see a much more pragmatic Barcelona and it's altogether boring for large spans of time in a match

Kerrybai

^ I totally agree however we should accept that the football under Pep will probably never return. It was an exceptional period under a remarkable manager and now we have to realign our expectations. What I disliked about Tito was I never felt he stamped his own will on the team, it always felt like he was a shadow of the Pep era, while Tata to his credit has instilled his own footballing philosophy without diminishing the results ( so far )

Defensively we are the second best team in Europe conceding 0.6 goals per game, behind Bayern with 0.5. To give some perspective Manchester City have conceded 1.1 goals per game.

Shots per game conceded we are joint with Dortmund in Europe at 8.7. This is a great turn around after how we defended last season.

Trickykid

I'm still baffled how on earth anyone can claim that we're playing boring football. Whether it's mainly down to the competitiveness itself than the actual brand of football being played, I don't know, and frankly don't care. Fact of the matter is, I am still sitting at the edge of my seat, being thoroughly entertained just like I was back when Pep was in charge.

I suppose I'm easily impressed and entertained when it comes to our club.

DinhoR10

Tata has been amazing, with hardly any foreword he took a sad tired side that looked like it needed to replace everyone but Messi, Iniesta and Busi and turned back the clock to Pep's last season, great but still can't handle a bus :lol:

Gohan

Super Saiyan
Tata makes this team score set pieces, Tata takes the best out of everyone and not only Messi. And all of a sudden we play without a system. Some people cannot be taken serious anymore.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Tata makes this team score set pieces, Tata takes the best out of everyone and not only Messi. And all of a sudden we play without a system. Some people cannot be taken serious anymore.

Of course you don't just take out crappy defensive shape and useless possession and turn it into vertical possession football with a defensive shape its criminal in it self Tata should be hanged for high treason against Barca

Tomchin

Quite surprised me that apparently under Tata we have a higher possession-percentage than under Pep (was on barcastuff some days ago)

DinhoR10

Quite surprised me that apparently under Tata we have a higher possession-percentage than under Pep (was on barcastuff some days ago)

Well we've reached the point where 95% of the teams that play us just go and sit down in their penalty area I believe only Real Madrid, Ajax and A liga team that i can't remember right now haven't parked the bus this season. I count Atletico as a bus even though their bus is not born out of lack of skill, it is their skill.

DinhoR10

It's a little sad how everyone has sorta given up playing against us although iniesta said he rathers it that way.

Like Levante yesterday, you have no chance of winning this tie but you still park the bus? Don't you have any pride as footballer? I cant understand why they would do that in a situation like that instead of actually playing football to their fullest abilities.

F

Flavia

It's a little sad how everyone has sorta given up playing against us although iniesta said he rathers it that way.

Like Levante yesterday, you have no chance of winning this tie but you still park the bus? Don't you have any pride as footballer? I cant understand why they would do that in a situation like that instead of actually playing football to their fullest abilities.
If they did that, the scoreline would've been 10-1.

Home of Barca Fans