Germany

Science Kid

Glad to see Grosskreutz make the list...he has had a fantastic season.

It's also very nice to see Weidenfeler become the second goalkeeper,he has been great for 4-5 straight years,i've been scratching my head for years why he wasn't on the squad even as a third choice.

Last edited:
R

Ryu Hayabusa

I'm scratching my head about the absence of Max Kruse. He's been great if you look at the whole season and is the archetype of the modern skillful and creative striker. Using Klose instead seems ludicrous. If Löw then drops Volland as well, it'd be absolutely bonkers.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Strange to see Marc-Andre ter Stegen not there, anyway...

For the german members here, what would be your 23 man squad out of those 30?

I

instinct

Neuer, Weidenfeller, Zieler ( :facepalm: )

Boateng, Hummels, Großkreutz, Durm, Mertesacker, Lahm, Schmelzer, Höwedes

Schweinsteiger, Götze, Müller, Reus, Podolski, Özil, Kroos, Schürrle, Meyer, Khedira

Klose, Volland

Der Kaiser

I would kick out: Jansen (trash), Mustafi (who?), Goretzka (too young, but one for the future), Meyer (same as Goretzka), Ginter (solid player but doesnt have enough international experience), Hahn (same as Ginter), Durm (I know he´s like the flavor of the month but people need to remember that this was like his first season in the Bundesliga and he´s not even a natural fullback. Its a nice story but lets be real, this is a world cup and we need experience).

My first eleven:

Neuer
Lahm - Mertesacker - Hummels - Boateng
Schweinsteiger - Kroos
Müller - Özil - Reus
Klose (if he´s fit, if not Götze)

Biggest question marks are obviously left back and striker.
I think we´ll go with Boateng at the start. He´s done well there in the national team before and has a shitload of experience. His occasional brain farts are not as harmfull when player as a fullback. I really dont like Schmelzer.
As a striker its Klose hands down but will he be fit? If not, Either Götze, Schürrle or Müller will have to step in and try to step up. Maybe we will see a striker-less team like 2010s Spain.
Kroos-Schweinsteiger seems given to me. Khedira is coming back from injury, Lars Bender is a good squad player but we need Schweini´s leadership and Kroos´ midfield control.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Maybe it's better for them, having a mobile striker to make use of their attacking mids. Also I would not play Ozil. I would have Muller behind the striker like last year for Bayern and have Gotze on the right.

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
I think Germany will be too susceptible to counters, should they opt for a Kroos-Schweini double pivot. Schweini's no Busi....Great team though, overall.

Jägermeister

Why does Loew hate Kiessling?

Lol that is the big question in recent years, but I think nobody knows.
It's also quite funny that he did not pick Gomez because he was injured for so long, but Khedira is in there. I don't Rate Gomez that high, but that logic :facepalm:

Home of Barca Fans