Gonzalo Higuain

PearLBLacK

Banned
Give Gonzalo a chance. Where was Ronaldo when Higuain was missing those chances? At least he can make himself available for such chances with his off ball movements. But, yes, he seems to be losing his finishing touch. This is not the same Higuain in the last season who was working hard to prove game after game why he should be a starter over Benzema in the the tougher matches. Hopefully this was more due to the jet-lag and international matches.

BADGERBHOY

Give Gonzalo a chance. Where was Ronaldo when Higuain was missing those chances? At least he can make himself available for such chances with his off ball movements. But, yes, he seems to be losing his finishing touch. This is not the same Higuain in the last season who was working hard to prove game after game why he should be a starter over Benzema in the the tougher matches. Hopefully this was more due to the jet-lag and international matches.

Jet lagged like Messi?

zanela

Giving everyone frustration by the minute.. not the efficient Higuain at the moment a swap with Falcao looks awesome

he needs now 4/5 chances to score... he is not the same since his back operation (Sadly )

The Sevilla defence did enough to unsettle him early on, add to that the Jet-lag factor, and you can explain his inefficacy in front of goal.

As for all the hating, i don't condone his behaviour, even if it was retaliatory. But i can understand his circumstances.

And Gio, your fickle turn on Gonzo-Benz is quite disappointing. I know you've taken to liking Benz the past year (after having rubbished him constantly), but that doesn't mean you criticize the Argentine at every opportunity, even unfairly.
You keep bringing up his back surgery. But i don't see the change you talk about. Yes, he might 've lost a bit of zip, but not in terms of prolificacy(his goal ratio pre-post surgery will be similar if you brought it up). His movement and anticipation both superlative (similar to Eto'o) will always find him in more goal-scoring chances than his contemporaries, which is why when they miss, it looks exaggerated. He's just maintained his status-quo. But your new found affection for your compatriot will have you disagree with me, no doubt. ;)
If you think Falcao is more clinical, you're mistaken. Yes, he can score golazos, aerially better, so also his holdup play. But he can be off-target as well and moreso sometimes. I lost the count of his missed chances in one league game last year (don't remember the oppsn) that i watched. He's also a regular starter for his team, and the beneficiary of every final pass. You need to ask yourself, if he can be lethal-best in a rotation system(that can adversely effect any top player) whilst playing for a bigger club.

But please do get rid of him. Higs can finally flourish in a system where he's the focal point and in a less-hostile atmosphere.

Jet lagged like Messi?

Gonzo started a high-octane match and played the 90. Messi came on as a sub at 60' whilst we were leading.

Beast

The Observer
The Sevilla defence did enough to unsettle him early on, add to that the Jet-lag factor, and you can explain his inefficacy in front of goal.

As for all the hating, i don't condone his behaviour, even if it was retaliatory. But i can understand his circumstances.

And Gio, your fickle turn on Gonzo-Benz is quite disappointing. I know you've taken to liking Benz the past year (after having rubbished him constantly), but that doesn't mean you criticize the Argentine at every opportunity, even unfairly.
You keep bringing up his back surgery. But i don't see the change you talk about. Yes, he might 've lost a bit of zip, but not in terms of prolificacy(his goal ratio pre-post surgery will be similar if you brought it up). His movement and anticipation both superlative (similar to Eto'o) will always find him in more goal-scoring chances than his contemporaries, which is why when they miss, it looks exaggerated. He's just maintained his status-quo. But your new found affection for your compatriot will have you disagree with me, no doubt. ;)
If you think Falcao is more clinical, you're mistaken. Yes, he can score golazos, aerially better, so also his holdup play. But he can be off-target as well and moreso sometimes. I lost the count of his missed chances in one league game last year (don't remember the oppsn) that i watched. He's also a regular starter for his team, and the beneficiary of every final pass. You need to ask yourself, if he can be lethal-best in a rotation system(that can adversely effect any top player) whilst playing for a bigger club.

But please do get rid of him. Higs can finally flourish in a system where he's the focal point and in a less-hostile atmosphere.

Gonzo started a high-octane match and played the 90. Messi came on as a sub at 60' whilst we were leading.

The misses is a lot Zanela , i will never hate Gonzalo but i will also give him is fair share if he is bad and he is same way i always gave Benz and praised him when he got rid of it
There is no unfair situation in his missed chances Zanela , if you recall when all was firing on him after Lyon game miss i stood by him and always did and i always said give him time to recover from the surgery (which he did ) however , his Clasico missed chances says a lot about him , same thing yesterday .. that's not who he is
His goal ratio per chance is not just appalling it's scary and not every team will give you 5 clear cut chances to score 1 ... that's not acceptable at this level..
he still has the positioning sense better than anyone in the world , he know how to be at the end of the pass but his conversion ratio is now worse i've ever seen from him or from a striker at this level
I advise you (in a our friendly manner :D ) to also look in the mirror on your judgement about gonzalo and look for his missed chances last night and vs Barca and compare him with the old Higuain
No Falcao is more lethal as a player and if Gonzalo will go (that's if he doesn't improve his game ) i will rally for the Colombian

zanela

I advise you (in a our friendly manner :D ) to also look in the mirror on your judgement about gonzalo and look for his missed chances last night and vs Barca and compare him with the old Higuain

I've already stated the possible reasons for his performance yesterday. He had his share of missed chances even pre-surgery. Remember vs Nigeria WC '10, where he missed like a zillion chances and was made in to a villian from all quarters. :lol: His conversion ratio as far as i'm concerned hasn't changed from past years unless you can provide me some stats to prove me wrong. :p

Beast

The Observer
I'm sure sooner or later Marca *spit* will prepare them for you ...
But it is a lot worse than Before... Higuain used to score from thin air with the minimum of chances

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
I'm sure sooner or later Marca *spit* will prepare them for you ...
But it is a lot worse than Before... Higuain used to score from thin air with the minimum of chances
No, he's always had tons of chances. I remember talking about it two years ago after some cl game

ricknattery

No, he's always had tons of chances. I remember talking about it two years ago after some cl game

yeah, plus he always had a terrible record at CL, if you ask me I see little to no stepback in Higuain's game before and after his surgery. The numbers are there...

Home of Barca Fans