Hans-Dieter Flick

Hansi Flick - how do we rate him?

• Total voters

Loki

I'm thinking We'll win at least one of these games.

Or

The high line, with pena will cause us to concede 8 goals in 2 games.
I watched the last game against Sevilla with a russian stream and the commentator said, Bayern on Wednesday will not be fooled the entire game by the high offside line and score at least 2 easy goals, which means Barca only wins 5:2.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

If Flick can do this vs big teams, he's gonna define an era I think.

Don't care to be the pessimistic one, but his grand total of big games vs serious opponents so far is 0. Monaco is probably the best team he faced, but the match got conditioned big time by the early red card.

Villareal away is probably as good as Monaco, the red card destroyed the game plan🤔

FC B

Wished Flick could start the strongest lineup vs. Madird and Bayern. This would've undoubtedly showed us all where we really are as a team vs serious top opposition.

But with Pena in goal and with Olmo, Araujo, Gavi, FdJ., Tek not being able to start there will always be excuses in case the team fucks up the next two games.

TheStig

He almost has the whole team if we are honest. He decided to start Pena while Szczesny is ready, Inigo Cubarsi duo is so good that I'm not sure Araujo walks in, in midfield Pedri and Casado should start even if everybody is fit and attack is healthy. Only the 3rd midfielder will probably be someone who wouldn't start if Flick doesn't surprise with Olmo.

companyofcules

Pena is our only keeper. The polish one he spent his last months smoking and taking a nap. He needs way more days to get in shape and then of course you can't just oust Pena because that will collapse the whole idea of meritocratic first 11 and will portray Flick as a desperate guy.
If the polish one fails too, who will save the day? Pena?

Loki

If the polish one fails too, who will save the day? Pena?
That's also a good point many overlook. A coach doesn't have the luxury on the keeper's position as he has on other positions. He has exactly 2 options and if he changes prematurely, he only has one option left. If that only option fails, you're in deep shit. As long as Pena doesn't fuck up or Woj showing exceptional training results, there is no need to change the keepers for now.
We all wish prime Woj in our goal of course instead of Pena, but if Flick sees him daily and still decides on Pena, he has his reasons.

TheStig

No, that's just your opinion. Szczesny has green light, he said he's ready, it's just Flick's (stupid) decision to play that amateur instead of him and he'll be responsible for the outcome.

MontenegrinCuler

No, that's just your opinion. Szczesny has green light, he said he's ready, it's just Flick's (stupid) decision to play that amateur instead of him and he'll be responsible for the outcome.
There is no reliable sources to back up this claim. Nor to contradict it. We don't know why Flick started Peña over Tek, but if you ask me the most likely reason is because he simply deemed Tek not ready. No way he wouldn't start him otherwise. These are important games for Flick, very important. He cares about the win more than any of us do.

Home of Barca Fans